Interior heater fan not working

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: cineo

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 125000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

I connected pin A4 of the plug of the control panel to the ground. This is the photo of the plug.
spinotto under.jpg
In this way the fan turns on.

After this test, I thought it was the control panel damaged.
I bought a new one but even with this it does not work.
So the problem is another.
Thank you for your help.
My Name: 927465

Contributor
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 110000
Trim Level: Desire

Sorry I took longer to put the connection diagram up, than I promised. See attachment.

Hopefully, you can use the diagram to figure out if your new temperature control panel works. It only shows the connections that are relevant to the Air Blower Fan. I suspect that some of the burning/melting of connectors might be related to why it is not working even with a new temperature control unit. So even if you do find a dodgy connection(due to the melting) and fix it, you really need to figure out why things have melted in the first place. I really do suspect that you had the same root cause problem as my car, which was the fan motor has gone low resistance and is drawing too much current. Therefore melting things in its path. To prove this you will need to remove the fan from the car.(I know its a pain, but its not too hard, once you know how) The haynes manual was invaluable for this bit.

Assuming the fan is causing too much current to flow this could have then blown your new temperature control unit! Although I suspect it would take it for at least some time before it would blow. i.e. I would suspect your new temperature control panel would work at least initially.
Drawing1.png
My Name: cineo

Contributor
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 125000
Trim Level: VTR+

Thank you so much for the drawing. In my opinion it is melted something on the cable of the ground (A6). Now that I know what the pin will do the tests.