INERIOR LIGHT

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Smuggit

My daughter has just bought a C3 - about six years old I think - but the interior light is totally different to the one described in the handbook. Instead of three buttons it only has one central button, and this is really an on/off switch. It doesn't come on and off when the doors open either, which is really irritating.

It has air con and various other toys, so doesn't seem to be a very base model - I think it's called Desire. I can't believe it doesn't have a proper courtesy light function, but then can see no switch on the doors themselves.

Can anyone help?

Jon
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Jon,

If the interior light looks like this:
Citroen C3 interior light, one button
Citroen C3 interior light, one button
Then its a 3 way rocker switch.

Permanently On, Permanently Off and On/Off with the doors

This is found on the newer shape C3 without the full length windscreen.

If the light doesn't work, maybe you need a new C3 Interior Lamp

You won't find a traditional door switch on a C3.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Smuggit

Many thanks - but the button is actually not a rocker switch in our case - we tried it. It is simply a plunger push button. It works, but when it lights I can see no other lights within it. I will try and get a photo in due course, but any other thoughts welcome! The unit does look very like the one in your photo, but my suspicion is that it is for another vehicle. This seems odd as the previous owner had it serviced by main agents, but who knows?
My Name: omarsmith

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 134000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi smuggit - the only thing I could reasonably suggest would be to try replacing the bulb inside the fixture, which, if it is an original C3 light, should be a "W5W" (also known as a 501) bulb - this is the same bulb as is used for the two numberplate lights and the sidelights.

For the 2002-2009 variants, the C3 uses the same part as a 2000-2008 Peugeot 307. I'm under the impression that if you wanted to change out the fixture in your daughter's car for an original part it would be a five-minute job - you can buy it new on eBay or look for the relevant part yourself.

Hope this gives you some pointers in the right direction - if you'd like me to post any images of how my interior light is assembled (ie. the screws to be undone and what the power plug looks like) let me know and I'll put some up (I've got a 2002 model which should make it relevant to any C3 manufactured before 2009).