I bumped a car in front of me, what do I need to replace?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: WithoutC

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2010 (10)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 92000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)

Long story short, I bumped a car in front of me on a snowy road. :oops:

Initially, I wanted to sell the car, but now that I had a closer look I think a repair should be possible. I'm in over my head, can you help me?
I need a shopping list for parts, mounting hardware and everything else I'll need.

Thank in advance.
Attachments
IMG-7908.jpg
IMG-7907.jpg
IMG-7906.jpg
IMG-7903.jpg
IMG-7902.jpg
IMG-7897.jpg
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

WithoutC wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:44 pm Long story short, I bumped a car in front of me on a snowy road. :oops:

Initially, I wanted to sell the car, but now that I had a closer look I think a repair should be possible. I'm in over my head, can you help me?
I need a shopping list for parts, mounting hardware and everything else I'll need.

Thank in advance.
Hi

That's a mess

You won't know what else you need until you remove the broken bits like the bumper etc.

I would imagine its going to be an insurance write off and if you don't know what parts you need, then, yes, you are in over your head and it will be safer to pay someone professional to do the work. Not that it may even be worth doing the work. You can quite possibly sell the car as it is and be better off financially than paying to get it fixed.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Hi

That's a mess

You won't know what else you need until you remove the broken bits like the bumper etc.

I would imagine its going to be an insurance write off and if you don't know what parts you need, then, yes, you are in over your head and it will be safer to pay someone professional to do the work. Not that it may even be worth doing the work. You can quite possibly sell the car as it is and be better off financially than paying to get it fixed.
Yes, I will let a professional do the job, though I'll source the parts myself. The laws in my country are stupid, and if I wanted to sell the car as is (for spare parts), I would have to pay 500 euros just for unregistering the vehicle. I know this car ain't worth much, but if it's fixable, and not very expensive, I'm willing to do it.

The radiator is slightly bent but not leaking any fluid, the front bumper is basically intact (I straightened out the top bar which goes across right under the grille), I need a new bonnet, headlights, radiator housing and grille.
I'm not sure if there is more plastic to be replaced normally hidden behind the grille, that's what I need to find out....
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

WithoutC wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:28 pm I'm not sure if there is more plastic to be replaced normally hidden behind the grille, that's what I need to find out....
The front grille comes with a plastic support that mimics the shape of the grille, but you can't really buy them without it.

You should let the professional repairer strip down the car and make the list you want, then you can price it up.

I think you will have a lot more expense than you expect and not replacing a bent radiator that could fail soon is very poor for the person that gets the car next :(
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

I think you will have a lot more expense than you expect and not replacing a bent radiator that could fail soon is very poor for the person that gets the car next :(
I am aware, there are things I won't personally notice, but the car has sentimental value for me as my grandfather gave it to me, it would make him and me happy to see it run once again :)