How do I get into my car?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Jerwin

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hello there,

I can't open my car by remote controller .... I think it is caused by the interference - once I could not lock it so I went a few meters away and It was OK. I do not know if that's it, but the problem is I can't neither open it by key cuz the mechanism does not work since last winter. Been using remote controller for years without a problem. I've changed the battery. That's not it.

Is it possible to get into my car without any professional (highly paid) help?

Thanks for suggestions!
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Jerwin wrote:I think it is caused by the interference - once I could not lock it so I went a few meters away and It was OK.
It may be a problem with the switches on the circuit board. Get the remote fob tested by a auto locksmith to see if its giving a signal out.
Jerwin wrote:but the problem is I can't neither open it by key cuz the mechanism does not work since last winter.
Does the lock not turn? Or is the problem that the lock turns but the car stays locked?
If the lock won't turn, try lubricating inside where the key goes and keep trying to insert and keep trying to turn the key gently.

Use something like this Plusgas Aerosol on Amazon or the same stuff on eBay.

You should have a spare key with your C3, so its worth trying that too.
Jerwin wrote:Been using remote controller for years without a problem.
Yes, but if there is a problem with the remote (which does happen) there is a lock on the door which should be kept working for these exact cases. Not much help to you now, but it may help someone else test the mechanical door unlocking on their C3 before problems happen.

If your key fob testing comes back as a bad switch, get that repaired
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t449.html

If the testing says the fob is OK, then try getting the bonnet open from underneath the car, then you can disconnect the battery to reset the BSI and that should reset the central locking.

There is not currently a guide on how to open the bonnet from below the car, but it has been mentioned in another post for a C3 owners in a similar situation as yourself which proved successful.

This is a picture of the bonnet release on the car, and its activated by pulling on the cable

My Name: deleted account

Deleted said
Hi,

I was searching for problems with the C3 locking and found a lot of topics in this forum. I see this is one of the most recent topics.

I have a problem that the door (left back) doesn't open from the outside. It's locked and it's not responding to the remote. But, I can't open it from the inside too! That's because it's on child lock (manual). The child lock was activated manualy with the little switch on the door, when the door is open. So I can't get to that switch while the door is closed.. :(

Is there a way to unlock this door? Can I short some wires to force the lock to open? Or can I remove the door pannel, while the door is closed? Or is there any other trick?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

keverjeroen wrote:Can I short some wires to force the lock to open?
It depends why it won't unlock, but you can give this door lock topic a read and at the end, there is some information on which wires to feed 12v into to operate the locks.

If you door solenoid is busted, no amount of voltage is going to fix it.
keverjeroen wrote:Or can I remove the door pannel, while the door is closed?
Yes, You can remove the door panel while its closed, but I don't think it will help unless the plug on the solenoid is off?

Door card removal on a C3
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t328.html
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)