HMI/RCC update process

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: cfrank

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2020 (70)
Engine Size: NA
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 1000
Trim Level: Feel
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

Hi,

I'm a bit unnerved by a contact with Citroen customer support about a HMI/RCC software update...
The app isn't connecting anymore after it was last updated. So in February I updated the in-car software with the latest version, hoping it would cure the app's problem. It dindn't.

Now, customer service says my RCC software would be outdated - according to their database.
They sent me a link to an update, which is exactly the version I (successfully) updated the car with in Feb (PSA_rcc-firmware_4_085_19-1E028-5_RCC_EU_W3_ECO.tar). They don't believe me (despite photo proof) or don't understand that their information is outdated, not the car's software... They keep insisting I should update the software (again...).

My question is: How would their system know of an update, anyway? How is the version information transmitted? My C3 has no online features (other than the app, which isn't connecting).

thanks!
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Citroen dealers report back the updates, both firmware and the car safety updates done that they carried out themselves.

If the customer did the firmware update or changed the faulty parts listed on the bulletins, then Citroen HQ would not know the true state of the car until a dealer got their hands on it.

Obviously when Citroen supply the update to the customer as a self download this system goes to pot and it sounds like this has happened here.
My Name: cfrank

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2020 (70)
Engine Size: NA
Mileage: 1000
Trim Level: Feel
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

Thanks, I thought so. Now I'll try to explain that to an underpaid 1st-level support... :roll: