Help please on windscreen washer bottle motor not working

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: cookiepops

Hello all, girlie c3 desire 05 plate owner here who has a prob with the screenwash bottle not working. Seems to be a common prob from research on the net in that can't even hear the motor but the wipers work. First port of call is to change the fuse which could well be the problem but where is it and which one? Appears fuse could either be in the glove compartment or under bonnet. confused.com here and being a girlie I need help in basic non tech english please :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi cookiepops, blown washer fuse is a common problem in the winter as people don't put the proper screen wash in the washer bottle, which then freezes and the fuse blows while trying to use the squirters.

Glovebox fuse layout on a 2005 C3

and the Engine bay fuse box on a 2005 shape C3

The washer (front) is in the engine bay, "F14 10A Windscreen wash pump - Front" - you can see it in the link above.

This is the one you need 10A Mini Blade Fuse

and if you only have water in your washer bottle, some of this, even in the summer is better than water and will help in the winter too!
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Guru

Engine Bay Fuse Box Washer Pump Not Working Fuse C3 2002 to 2006
Engine Bay Fuse Box Washer Pump Not Working Fuse C3 2002 to 2006
This picture may help you find the washer fuse in the engine bay fuse box :)

Its always worth having both a selection of mini blade fuses in the glove box, even if you don't fit them yourself at least you look smart when you produce the correct fuse when someone helpful looks in the fusebox and says 'the fuse has blown'.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

thank you, had a look in the glove compartment section comparing it to the diagrams and can see but they are small and compact and how the heck do you get them out :lol:

Guru

The fuse you want in in the engine bay fuse box, but you get all the fuses out in the same way. You can pull them out by hand if you have small, strong fingers, but if not, then a pair of these needle nose pliers will do the job. The fuses just pull out and push back in again.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help, so very much appreciated. Bit of a pain to reach with wires in the way and it had to be at the back so awkward to get to (pfft), but after a little colourful language, old one out and new one in and Bob's ya Uncle, I am working again. I have also topped up with a more concentrated solution. Never had this problem before in the 5years I have had her but I shall take on board all the tips regarding iced up bottles. Thank you again

the little fuse removal gadget is of no use whatsoever in removing fuses that are difficult to get to so the pliers/tweezers came in hand

the little fuse removal gadget is of no use whatsoever in removing fuses that are difficult to get to so the pliers/tweezers were deffo the better option. Have also bought spares just in case lol