Heater Resister Pack - heat only blows on setting 4 'max'

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: chris_h16

Hi

My parents C3 has the popular heat only blows on setting 4. I've located and taken out the resister pack and tested it, it seemed to have resistence between he pins and the fuse. I got a new themal fuse anyway and soldered that on.

Still only works on settin 4, could it be the whole resister pack that needs replacing?

Where can i get on? I've looked on ebay and they seem to be different to the one in my parents car.

Citroen C3 blower resistor pack connector
Citroen C3 blower resistor pack connector

I've attached a picture to show the connector end.

Citroen C3 Blower resistor pack
Citroen C3 Blower resistor pack
Citroen C3 Blower resistor pack location arrowed
Citroen C3 Blower resistor pack location arrowed
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

chris_h16 wrote: I've located and taken out the resister pack and tested it, it seemed to have resistance between he pins and the fuse
You can test each of the individual resistors in the pack (off the car), by using a meter set to ohms and meter between where the white wire connected to and then each of the other 3 pins, and you should get a different resistance each time.

If its open circuit, or just one flat resistance, no matter which pins you are measuring, then the resistor pack is worth changing.
I got a new thermal fuse anyway and soldered that on.
Double check that with an ohm meter too, as it may have been tripped during the re-soldering.

This part on eBay: Heater Resistor looks like the part you have, fits petrol 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6 from year 2002.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

I've looked on ebay and they seem to be different to the one in my parents car.
There were quite a few different heater control parts fitted to the various years and models of Citroen C3 through the years. Some had air conditioning, some climate control, the petrols differed from the diesels and changes were made as the models progressed through the years.

Be specific with the year and model information and you can be more confident you have found the right part.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)