Hearing "Ice Alert" beep but no indicator whatsoever

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: acekovac

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 180000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Hi all,

I have Citroen C3 1.4hdi facelift from year 2006. When I'm driving and if temperature outside drops I can hear a beep, assuming that beep is for the ice alert. The problem is that I can't see any visual alert on the dashboard, nor on the clock, yeah, I have that very basic version with clock only on the central console.
I know that on those bigger multyline displays it shows "Ice Alert" along with the beep, but is there any other place to see it if you only have clock display?
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Have you owned the car from new?

Under the right hand mirror is there a small lump?
mirror 007.jpg

No, I'm the second or maybe third owner of this car. Are you suggesting that maybe the display was changed with this basic one?
And the answer to the second question is, yes there is a sensor under one of the mirrors.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.66 KiB) Viewed 269 times

My wife is driving it, but I have never owned a Citroen before or even other French car and I found it interesting to do things because it is new to me.
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

acekovac wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm Are you suggesting that maybe the display was changed with this basic one?
Yes I am. :lol:
If it has the bulb then the BSI (the brains of the car) can read the outside temperature and display it. I don't believe the base models have that temperature sensor because it is of no use. You can swap out the displays quite easily.

Does the car have an after market radio? Removal of the original radio can cause the multi function display to muck up.
acekovac wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm I have never owned a Citroen before or even other French car and I found it interesting to do things because it is new to me.
Well, it seems the design philosophy of cars varies all over the world. The Japanese do it different to the Americans and the Americans do it different to the Europeans and the Europeans do it differently to the Japanese. Ford does it different to GM. GM does it different to VW and so on. I seriously, believe it's to tie up their Intellectual Property to keep DIYer's and local mechanics out of the business. Particularly European cars. They are so over-complicated. Particularly the electronics. Unnecessary.

Ozvtr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:54 pm Does the car have an after market radio? Removal of the original radio can cause the multi function display to muck up.
Yes, it has an aftermarket radio. And the current display is 6pin 96439997XT one. When I first got the car none of the lights were working on the center console (clock, A/C, speed limit...) so I have opened everything and changed those bulbs, by doing that I saw that it is a 6 pin display but I didn't remember the number of wires that were going in it, whether are 4 or 6. So I will see that again and maybe I will search for different 6pin display. But I think that the others are with 12 pins and if not the radio, I may need to replace the wiper stalk at least, but maybe I'm wrong...
Ozvtr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:54 pm Well, it seems the design philosophy of cars varies all over the world. The Japanese do it different to the Americans and the Americans do it different to the Europeans and the Europeans do it differently to the Japanese. Ford does it different to GM. GM does it different to VW and so on. I seriously, believe it's to tie up their Intellectual Property to keep DIYer's and local mechanics out of the business. Particularly European cars. They are so over-complicated. Particularly the electronics. Unnecessary.
I totally agree with you. I have owned a Skoda, a VW and currently Seat, so all of them were pretty similar, if not the same, because they are all a part of the VAG group and share the same parts. And now on this car which, as I was reading on internet, shares most of the parts with Peugeot 206 I am encountering with different way of doing things, different connectors in this case, so there are a lot of new things to be learned and I hope I will learn them by adding new things or modifying something and not by fixing things :lol: