Headlights not working

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: blue2cv

Hi, can anyone throw light on where headlamp relay is, the lamps dont work on our car
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello blue2cv, welcome to the C3 forum.

I assume its the C3 that has the lights not working, rather than the blue2cv :D

The C3 fusebox (in the glove box) is the BSI and has fuses and "relays" and there is a fuse box under the bonnet too.

This link has photos of the locations of the C3 fusebox and BSI

Fuses to check in the BSI are F4 20A and F14 10A

Citroen C3 2002 - 2006 fusebox layout diagram (here)

I say "relays" because its computer controlled with solid state devices soldered in the BSI (fuse box in the glove box) and they are not relays that could be unplugged and replaced :cry:

Its quite common for the C3 BSI to give problems because it is the computer control and the relay board in the same black box, its difficult to diagnose. Use lexia to diagnose C3 lighting computer control problems.

Other culprits are the COMM2000 unit (indicator/wiper control) - information here

Does your C3 have the auto lights? or manual lights? as there may be a problem with the daylight sensor.