headlight heights?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: MATTHEW LOMAX

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: Rhythm
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

hello again i'm struggling to find the correct level/heights for my wife's c3 headlights the mot is due in 2 months and i don't really want it to fail the electrical adjusters don't work on either side but they do seem to manually adjust what i'm basically asking does anyone know the set height for a mot pass?.
now i don't know if relevant but the drivers side o/s unit has had what looks like a small fire due to the motor being submerged and setting fire to rear of the unit and the cover was missing so as the unit was full of water again i swapped the n/s rear cover over to help protect the worst side but now the n/s is filling with water so i think i really need to replace the o/s unit but is there anyway of purchasing the adjuster for the n/s if that makes sense? many thanks in advance its a 2003 1.4 hdi 70hp.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

i really need to replace the o/s unit but is there anyway of purchasing the adjuster for the n/s if that makes sense?
They are a complete sealed unit, no chance of replacing parts other than lamps in the headlight units.
i'm struggling to find the correct level/heights for my wife's c3 headlights the mot is due in 2 months
The way to measure the level is by using the tool at the garage, the one they use for the MOT test.

Why not ask the friendly MOT man to adjust the headlights before the car gets tested? He can use his machine and it won't take very long.

Its good to shop around for a headlight, have a look on eBay (here) for new or good condition used ones.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)