HDI New member - has anyone remapped?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: brysoni23

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 34500
Trim Level: Rhythm
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

hello all,

First post :)

Just purchased a 54 Plate sx 1.4 hdi with 34000 miles :)

I have previously had bangers so well pleased with the car and the mpg calculators etc.

here is a few things i want to do to the car.

Paint the black trims on the car silver. (side trim, the black parts on the bumper)

Do they just unclip or do i have to take the door panel off and unscrew them?

also has anyone remapped? i understand i will go from 70bhp to aprox 90bhp. will this increase or decrease mpg?
I think that if you drive steady it will increase as there is more power at lower revs drive quick will use more fuel as always.

Also want to purchase some VTR alloys

Thanks
Ryan
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum
Just purchased a 54 Plate sx 1.4 hdi with 34000 miles :)
That's good miles for the year :)

Also want to purchase some VTR alloys
This post may help you identify the names of the wheels
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t520.html

Paint the black trims on the car silver. (side trim, the black parts on the bumper)

Do they just unclip or do i have to take the door panel off and unscrew them
I think you will have to remove the door panels and you can see the clips (no screws).

have a look at https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t160.html for some tips on removing the door panels.

also has anyone remapped? i understand i will go from 70bhp to approx 90bhp. will this increase or decrease mpg?
I think that if you drive steady it will increase as there is more power at lower revs drive quick will use more fuel as always.
I have not personally had a remap, but have spoken to others who have and like the results. As for fuel consumption, the more power you use the more fuel you have to burn to generate the power. Remapping allows for greater fuelling, therefore greater power output which burns more fuel.

Have a look at the feedback for Citroen C3 ECU Remapping :)
My Name: Hans Zarkov

Top Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: Exclusive

Hi Ryan,

Isn't your C3 (1.4hdi SX) the 16v model? these have 90hp as standard... I thought the SX & the Exclusive were only fitted with the 16v engine except for really early cars (52 plate)...

John