Have main beams but no dipped beam.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: mike116

Hi, hope someone can help or give me advice.
Used the car last night and dip beams worked fine. Went out in car today in daylight and heard a beep from dashboard but thought nothing of it as everything was working ok. Went out to use car tonight and had to use my front fog lights to see as my dips won't come on. Main beam works fine as do indicators and wipers etc, just not the dip beam. I'm now wondering if the beep had something to do with something going wrong under the dashboard. Is there a fuse for both sides or are they individual fuses. Is there a relay that controls the dip beam side of things, helpppppp pleez.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello mike116

I don't know which model varient of C3 you have, but here goes..

Have you tried pressing and holding the button on the tip of the left stalk? This engages and disengages the auto lights function (on some models) and makes the beep that you describe - thats BSI computer related.

There is a relay in the engine fuse box that is involved with the front lights and

Fuse F9 (15A) and Fuse F10 (15A) are the 2 dipped beam fuses

This forum post has pictures of the fuse box locations: Citroen C3 fuse box locations (where are the fuse boxes on a Citroen C3 topic)

On the BSI (Fuse box in the glove box) there are fuses

F4 (20A) and F14 (10A)

That are connected to the stalk control.

Or you could have blown H7 12v 55W Bulb

replace lamp on a Citroen C3
replace lamp on a Citroen C3
[/url]

Fitting new lamps is not a job to be taken on lightly (topic here).
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)