Hard wiring reverse camera monitor

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Angelah83

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2012 (12)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 22000
Trim Level: Vibe
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I am looking to hard wire this monitor to my 2012 c3 (see picture) and was wondering the best way. Am I right in thinking I can splice the wire to the cigarette lighter or use an added fuse connection to connect to the appropriate fuse? Any help would be grateful. Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello Angelah83
Angelah83 wrote:I am looking to hard wire this monitor to my 2012 c3 (see picture) and was wondering the best way. Am I right in thinking I can splice the wire to the cigarette lighter or use an added fuse connection to connect to the appropriate fuse? Any help would be grateful. Thanks
yes, this is exactly what I would do. Splice into the cigarette lighter with some scotch locks and an inline fuse holder, all linked with some crimps.

You also have the option to wire to the reversing lights, so its only powered up when reverse is selected, it depends on what the instructions suggest.
My Name: Angelah83

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2012 (12)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 22000
Trim Level: Vibe

Thanx.
It is a wireless system so the camera will be connected to the reversing light then the transmitter and the receiver hard wired which will then attach to the monitor.
In theory lol