Fuses on 2007 C3 1.1 Airplay Petrol

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: rich9876

Hi,

I have a question about the fuses under the dashboard. The fuse box in the car is different to the one in the manual and only has one fuse. I don't know what it is for or where it should go.

Does anyone have a diagram for this type of box. It has twelve spaces, not 16 as shown in the diagram. I have attached a photo of the fuse box and the incorrect diagram in the manual.

The power socket is not working which presumably is because the fuse is missing, but I just wonder what other fuses I should also have in place.

Thanks

Rich.

Citroen C3 fuse box
Citroen C3 fuse box
Citroen C3 fuse box diagram
Citroen C3 fuse box diagram
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum rich9876,
rich9876 wrote:The fuse box in the car is different to the one in the manual and only has one fuse. I don't know what it is for or where it should go.
the fuse box in your picture is a slave box and not the main fuse box which is very well hidden very close to the slave box.

The fuse in your picture is the heated window fuse (40A), the fuse descriptions are in the link,
rich9876 wrote:Does anyone have a diagram for this type of box. It has twelve spaces, not 16 as shown in the diagram. I have attached a photo of the fuse box and the incorrect diagram in the manual.
The manual is right, its just not clear that there are two fuse boxes in the glove box on a 2007 car :)
rich9876 wrote:The power socket is not working which presumably is because the fuse is missing, but I just wonder what other fuses I should also have in place.
Good presumption, but not correct, try - F9 (30A) Cigarette lighter, clock, interior lighting, vanity mirror in the other 'hidden' fuse box in the glove box (on a right hand drive car) - this need a picture as there isn't currently one on the forum :D
My Name: rich9876

That's great - thanks for the reply. I found the main fuse box as you pointed out. Funny it isn't mentioned in the book.... :?:

Anyway, checked the fuses and they are all fine so maybe a faulty power socket?

So what is the purpose of the slave box and what is the 5A fuse for? Also which slot should the 5A fuse be inserted into? I took it out to check it and didn't count which slot it came out of - idiot! :lol: Oh well, the car still works.

The other issue we have with the car is that we get a lot of warnings for lights not working, it cycles through various lights not working messages but they are all OK. Any ideas? I may post this on a separate thread. A friend mentioned it might be the relay.

Might have to take it to the garage to get it checked out....

Anyway - photo of the fuse box location attached.

Citroen C3 fusebox location
Citroen C3 fusebox location
Thanks

Richard.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Thanks for the picture
rich9876 wrote:So what is the purpose of the slave box and what is the 5A fuse for?
smiledon wrote:The glovebox fusebox has 12 bays but only 1 is occupied. Guess what...it serves the [for me] drivers window.
from this topic https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t127.html

rich9876 wrote:Also which slot should the 5A fuse be inserted into?
But I don't know if you have put the fuse back in the wrong place, but 10 minutes of trial and error with the (passenger) window on a RHD car would reveal its correct position?
rich9876 wrote:Anyway, checked the fuses and they are all fine so maybe a faulty power socket?
Your clue is; F9 (30A) Cigarette lighter, clock, interior lighting, vanity mirror. If the vanity mirror lights, interior lights work, then the cigarette lighter is likely to be faulty. If the interior lights don't work, then its that fuse (F9) or a power supply fault.

Test the fuse with a multimeter as sometimes they look fine but in fact they have failed.