Front Fog lamp size/ daylights

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: JakM1

My c3 currently doesnt have front fogs, they are just blanked out. Im looking to try get some fog daylights in there but i dont know what size the actual fogs are. I can roughly measure the gap to be about 10.5cm but wondered if anyone knows exact. Or if anyone has fitted daylights were abouts an where did you buy them from. Im open to ideas. Its a Mk1 c3 (2005).

CHEERS
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

I fitted fog lights as an extra. I went for genuine Citroen which came in a kit with wiring and even a sticker for the light stalk.

If you want them to work from the cars existing systems you'll also need to get them enabled through programming. The existing foglight switch works front and rear by adding an additional function when the switch is turned twice.

I'm sure you could rig something to fit but when there is something made to measure is it worth trying? The dreaded ebay usually lists genuine and pattern parts for the lights, and if you're lucky as I was, a full kit.

One thing to be aware of, certainly with the kit, there is a difference between Mk1 and Mk2 fittings, not sure if its just the wiring or the lamps themselves.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Missing Lincs experience is very positive and probably the easiest and most professional finished way to go, but if you just want the lamp units, you can get them >in this link - here
and look just like this

Citroen C3 front fog light
Citroen C3 front fog light
[/url]

The front fogs on the C3 2002-2009 models take an H1 12v lamp available in this link (click here for Amazon)

Lamp for the front fog light on a Citroen C3 2002-2009
Lamp for the front fog light on a Citroen C3 2002-2009
[/url]
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: mike72

Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Desire

Hi ya new to this site, i have bought a pair of citreon fog light for my 2007 desire the lights are only show at the moment but when i fitted the first fog it is very loose are the lights only held on by one bolt can some help
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

mike72 wrote:Hi ya new to this site, i have bought a pair of citreon fog light for my 2007 desire the lights are only show at the moment but when i fitted the first fog it is very loose are the lights only held on by one bolt can some help
Yes, from the diagrams I can see its held in by one bolt.

Have you fitted them correctly?