front end knock

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: tealc2961

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 118000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Citroen c3 1.4 hdi, for a while now I have had a knocking when I go over bumps in the road from the front passengers side, it's like the sound a worn drop link makes but I have replaced the drop link, I just changed the bottom ball joint yesterday but the knock is still exactly the same, the other problem I have is when I drive from about 58 mph upwards the front end shakes and there is a rumble sound, since changing the ball joint this has changed, I can now get to 65 mph before this starts, my next idea was to change the whole wishbone to eliminate the bushes on this and to get the wheels balanced. Any other ideas??
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi tealc2961

What condition are your shock absorbers in? A shocker that's low on oil will knock and rattle, in the extreme the wheel will bounce when traveling at speed.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: tealc2961

Contributor
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 118000
Trim Level: Exclusive

both shocks, springs, top mounts and top mount bearings are about a year old
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

tealc2961 wrote:both shocks, springs, top mounts and top mount bearings are about a year old
Not much left :)

Track rod ends for shaking and wheel bearings for grumbling as a suggestion based on what has not already been mentioned.