Front bumper trim

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: davec

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Has anyone recently fitted the three piece black front bumper trim pieces?.I fitted these today and the gaps between the pieces is excessive to say the least,i was expecting a flush fit.
They're genuine Citroen parts but can't see how they would fit better due to no play in the slots in which they fit.
Any thoughts appreciated.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

davec wrote:Has anyone recently fitted the three piece black front bumper trim pieces?.I fitted these today and the gaps between the pieces is excessive to say the least,i was expecting a flush fit.
They're genuine Citroen parts but can't see how they would fit better due to no play in the slots in which they fit.
Any thoughts appreciated.
The bumper spoiler?
Citroen C3 bumper spoiler strip - 3 parts
Citroen C3 bumper spoiler strip - 3 parts
Like this set on ebay. I have refitted mine more than once as they are easily knocked off if I get too close to the kerb at my parking place. There are linking-in tabs at each end of the centre part to tie-in the two side pieces and everything fits together very snugly.

Getting the rubber spoiler back into the bumper groove needs the correct angle and a good push to get fully home.

Contributor

Those are the ones that cost me £45 from Citroen. :evil: As you say the centre part clips into the two outer ones and I expected a close fit.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+

davec wrote:As you say the centre part clips into the two outer ones and I expected a close fit.
Yes, they join close so I can't see they are 3 separate parts from standing at the car, if I get closer I can see the join, but its is also an old and well battered spoiler on mine which probably doesn't help.
front bumper spoiler citroen c3 2002
front bumper spoiler citroen c3 2002
front bumper trim spoiler on a Citroen C3 2002
front bumper trim spoiler on a Citroen C3 2002

Just an idea, did you try fitting the centre piece first, then the side pieces, working from the centre of the car, to the wheels. This way you can butt up the joins and link them together so you can't see a gap. Then at least, any shortness in the rubber will only show up at the wheels and won't be so noticeable.

This is what happens when I manage to catch the spoiler on the kerb stone
bumper trim pulled off a Citroen C3 bumper and difficult to refit.
bumper trim pulled off a Citroen C3 bumper and difficult to refit.
Its a bit tricky to get the top tab in the slot in the bumper.

Contributor

I think the centre section first is the way to go, as you say.We started with the drivers side to begin with and this is were it's gone wrong Thanks very much for your replies and pics.

Contributor

I think the centre section first is the way to go, as you say.We started with the drivers side to begin with and this is were it's gone wrong Thanks very much for your replies and pics.
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire

I tried a set of the ebay ones, they're OK for the price and given where they are and the likely damage they'll manage, however if buying again I'd look at spending the extra on OEM parts.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: