Fitting reversing sensors to a 54 plate Pluriel.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Stanleysteamer

Experienced Member
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)

Hi all,
I have started this by trying to find the reversing light wire in the boot. To the left hand side of it, behind a piece of carpet there is a lovely earth bolt, which I will use but of the two connectors there, I disconnected the one with most wires in it, and the reversing light still worked???!!!

I couldn't see how to disconnect the other one, typical of a modern car, so I tried to test it by sticking the probe into the connector, from both sides, but couldn't get a voltage on it, despite the light still being on. It IS possible I just didn't make the connection, and need to use a needle or something,
But am I fishing around in the wrong place? Is the connector elsewhere?

Secondly, I would like to put the sensors in the black strip on the rear, can someone tell me how to remove it without breaking it?
Thanks for your help in advance
Stan.
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Stanleysteamer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:02 pm But am I fishing around in the wrong place? Is the connector elsewhere?
Can you post a photo of the connector you are fishing around in? I would suggest using the connector at the tail light.

Stanleysteamer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:02 pm Secondly, I would like to put the sensors in the black strip on the rear, can someone tell me how to remove it without breaking it?
Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the pluriel will know, but some of those inserts are just clipped in and some have the retaining tags melted to stop them from coming out.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Stanleysteamer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:02 pm I would like to put the sensors in the black strip on the rear, can someone tell me how to remove it without breaking it?
A photo of this black strip would be helpful too, because the sensors are normally fitted in the bumper.

Experienced Member

According to another photo, on another post, the factory ones are fitted in the strip.

Experienced Member

See the third photo in this thread, questions-about-a-citroen-c3-not-relate ... t3424.html
i know it's a C3 saloon/hatchback, but the Pluriel has the same strip.