Fitting Aftermarket Alarm

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: C3RIS

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 95000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all,
I'm thinking of fitting an aftermarket alarm, or at least one of those 12v alarm leds that flash.
Now I appreciate a 2007 c3 probably isn't the most sought after, but I know park opposite my house and just want to be sure.

Any tips advice please.

Thanks all.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

C3RIS wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 am Hi all,
I'm thinking of fitting an aftermarket alarm, or at least one of those 12v alarm leds that flash.
Now I appreciate a 2007 c3 probably isn't the most sought after, but I know park opposite my house and just want to be sure.

Any tips advice please.

Thanks all.
Hello

The standard C3 factory alarm doesn't have a flashing LED. So by fitting one, it would look, and known to be a fake.
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi C3RIS

I believe 2007 cars are fully CAN-Bus. For some things this makes life complicated, for others, like fitting alarms it can simplify.

No more tracing wires and connecting into switches, a CAN-Bus alarm uses the vehicles own data bus to get all the signals it needs.

Not sure on the cost but I'd say worth a look and if it does turn out to be not viable there's always the flashing LED! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: