Exhaust?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: chaoticliloj

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 85000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi, I was hoping someone could help. I have a 2007 1.4i C3 Petrol Desire and the exhaust seems to be 1 complete item. My question is what parts would I need to get to replace it (as an exhaust clip/bracket has corroded off)? Does it have a cat convertor? Sorry if this is the wrong area for this question, I just don't know which section it would go in.
Thanks for your advice
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

chaoticliloj wrote:Hi, I was hoping someone could help. I have a 2007 1.4i C3 Petrol Desire and the exhaust seems to be 1 complete item. My question is what parts would I need to get to replace it (as an exhaust clip/bracket has corroded off)? Does it have a cat convertor? Sorry if this is the wrong area for this question, I just don't know which section it would go in.
Thanks for your advice
All the petrols in the UK have a CAT.

You don't say which/where bracket has corroded off.

You may be able to buy just the bracket and clamp to replace the broken one on the pipe to save changing the whole exhaust (time and expense).

If it is the rear hanger, they are available, have a look here for some pictures and a source of parts.

Newer cars are a 2 piece system with the cat in the front section. But if yours is a one piece, it will need cutting and it may be better to buy the part, measure, then cut.
My Name: chaoticliloj

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Mileage: 85000

Thank you for your reply. It's a bracket or something like that off the front half my partner says, so I guess it'll be the whole exhaust. I've seen prices for it all around £400 which is really bad for an exhaust, so not sure what to do as I don't have that kind of money at the moment and use the car daily for work visits...

Oh well, might be time to think about a new car :(

Thanks again
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

It's a bracket or something like that off the front half my partner says, so I guess it'll be the whole exhaust. I've seen prices for it all around £400 which is really bad for an exhaust, so not sure what to do as I don't have that kind of money at the moment and use the car daily for work visits...

Oh well, might be time to think about a new car
Its quite drastic to buy a new car because of a broken bracket. You could find a local welder who can weld it back on for you for much less than a new exhaust, or even a new car ;)
My Name: jmitchell91

Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Mileage: 107325

To be honest if thats all the problem is you should have no problem replacing it all u need is a 10 mm deep socket and rachet with a extension, shouldn't be to hard to change if not u should be able to just take your back box off (exhaust) as a section it should go exhaust manifold to the cat then to the middle of the exhaust under the car then another pipe to your back box, it should have a u type clip with 2 bolts in, it's a pretty simple job and if you have the time it shouldn't be a problem or to expensive