ESP/ASR lamp is on

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: acstrath2

Contributor

Hi,
I think that I might have a problem with the ESP/ASR system. At least, with the warning light. It is on all the time the motor is runing. A message on the display says "ESP/ASR Faulty System".
How can I test if something is wrong with the antispin system? Bugger if I know. Anybody with a similar experience?
Grateful for advice. :?
acstrath
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

acstrath2 wrote:ESP/ASR Faulty System".
I suggest you get the car connected to lexia, as the ASR or ESP system has many different components; sensors, valves, computer, and the error message you have is so generic, it doesn't pinpoint the problem at all.

Most likely suspect is the valve block, but, its not just worth changing bits like that on a whim, you need to access the car computer and pull out the DTC/Error codes to help diagnose the faulty part.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: acstrath2

Contributor

Thank's Arfur,
Yes, I think I will have to hook up to a computer for a readout of the faulty code.
acstrath