electrical problem - mystery yellow connector in engine bay

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
My Name:
rickyc1977

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

hi guys an girls. i am new to this page having just bought a 54 plate 1.4 hdi as a second car.

well the car we got was not looked after by its last owner and has got a few problems to say the least. We have all ready had the clutch replaced and the gear box rebuilt but we got it cheap so i cant complain to much. :lol:

now to the next problem while changing the side light bulbs (some igeet put pink ones in) i have come across a connector that has either been cut or snapped from whatever it should be attached to. The connector its self is behind the driver side headlight is yellow in colour and goes into the wiring loom by the alternator. The other end that has been cut has got two wires coming out one is yellow and green and the other is biege in colour. i cant find what it is suposed to be attached to so does anyone have any idea cos its got me stumped :? :? :? i will try to put pictures on if i can figure out how to do it

mystery yellow connector in the engine bay
mystery yellow connector in the engine bay
Unknown yellow connector in the engine bay
Unknown yellow connector in the engine bay
unidentified yellow connector in C3 engine bay
unidentified yellow connector in C3 engine bay
My Name:
C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

rickyc1977 wrote:hi guys an girls. i am new to this page having just bought a 54 plate 1.4 hdi as a second car.

well the car we got was not looked after by its last owner and has got a few problems to say the least. We have all ready had the clutch replaced and the gear box rebuilt but we got it cheap so i cant complain to much. :lol:

now to the next problem while changing the side light bulbs (some igeet put pink ones in) i have come across a connector that has either been cut or snapped from whatever it should be attached to. The connector its self is behind the driver side headlight is yellow in colour and goes into the wiring loom by the alternator. The other end that has been cut has got two wires coming out one is yellow and green and the other is biege in colour. i cant find what it is suposed to be attached to so does anyone have any idea cos its got me stumped :? :? :? i will try to put pictures on if i can figure out how to do it
Hi rickyc1977.

The C3 has a for number of connectors that don't connect to anything because the loom fits a wide range of specification C3.

I would check each function and find any that don't work, if you don't find any, then no need to connect it up.

The air conditioning compressor often has a yellow connector and if you don't have a compressor or its been removed, that could be your termination but so do the front fog lights on some models.
Front FOG Light on a Citroen C3
Front FOG Light on a Citroen C3
My favourite suppliers for our >> Citroen C3 parts and servicing:
  • (Affiliate links to the companies I use to maintain my Citroen C3)
My Name:
rickyc1977

hi c3car

Thanks for the quick answer my car is not fitted with front fogs and the wire has been connected to something. as of yet i have no tried the air con as its all ready cold enough out there i will give it a go tomorrow an see what happens. i have also had the engine management light coming on so was wondering if it was from a sensor.

i must admit that does look like the bit that is connected to the car but its the bit that was attached to it that has got me confused
My Name:
C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

rickyc1977 wrote:i have also had the engine management light coming on so was wondering if it was from a sensor.
It would be quick to diagnose a missing sensor with lexia (click). You may even get away with OBD2 but for a 2004 diesel the OBD2 may not work.

You can find out a bit about OBD2 and Lexia in our topic citroen-c3-tips/lexia-and-obd-diagnosti ... -t655.html
My favourite suppliers for our >> Citroen C3 parts and servicing:
  • (Affiliate links to the companies I use to maintain my Citroen C3)
My Name:
C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Yellow Connector on the air conditioning compressor for the clutch.
Citroen C3 compressor electrical connection
Citroen C3 compressor electrical connection
My Name:
rickyc1977

:D :D :D that looks like it now to get the car on the ramps and see if i can re connect it gonna need the aircon if we ever get a summer