electric window fuse

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: acstrath

I have blown the fuse to the electric window (left side front) when I tried to lower the window (when frozen I guess), but can't find the fuse. C3 HDi 2008.
Grateful for help!
acstrath :?:
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi acstrath

Both windows are fused by one fuse only F12 (30A) on the fusebox in the glovebox.

If one window works, and the other doesn't, then its not the fuse. :)

Citroen C3 Fuse box locations topic is here
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

The link is to a post that shows the Citroen C3 fuse box layout (the one in the glove box / BSI)

and the same but for a 2006 - 2009 model Citroen C3 that has a different fusebox.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: acstrath2

Contributor

Thank's C3CAR,

It is only the left window that doesn't work. However, I have now discovered that neither of the electric mirrors work and according to Arfur Dents fusebox layout on this forum, the windows and mirrors share the same fuse (F12 30 Amp). Only problem for me is that my internal fusebox is different and it is not in the glovebox but under the steeringwheel. My fusebox has 17 fusebays but only two (!) :? with fuses. I have checked both and they are o.k. Indeed all the fuses in the enginebay box are o.k. also. When I read in the owners manual, nothing is mentioned about fuses for windows or mirrors. As far as I know, all electrical gadgets should be fused. But where can I find the fuse for windows and mirrors :?:

Could it be a faulty relay? My C3 is a 1.6 Hdi 2008.

Grateful for help!

acstrath

Contributor

acstrath2 wrote:Thank's C3CAR,

It is only the left window that doesn't work. However, I have now discovered that neither of the electric mirrors work and according to Arfur Dents fusebox layout on this forum, the windows and mirrors share the same fuse (F12 30 Amp). Only problem for me is that my internal fusebox is different and it is not in the glovebox but under the steeringwheel. My fusebox has place for 17 fuses but only two (!) :? has fuses. I have checked both and they are o.k. Indeed all the fuses in the enginebay box are o.k. also. When I read in the owners manual, nothing is mentioned about fuses for windows or mirrors. As far as I know, all electrical gadgets should be fused. But where can I find the fuse for windows and mirrors :?:

Grateful for help!

acstrath

Surprise, surprise, I have found another fusebox near the first one under the steering wheel ( My car has the wheel
on the left side - left hand drive ). The fusebox is well hidden below the one I already had found. Had to jam myself almost upside down between the wheel and seat to see it. Unfortunately, all the fuses seems to be o.k. So that is not the problem. But it must be something that is common to the left electrical window and both the electrical mirrors. And why is the right hand side window working :?: :?
Anybody with experience :?:

acstrath

Contributor

acstrath2 wrote:

It is only the left window that doesn't work. However, I have now discovered that neither of the electric mirrors work and according to Arfur Dents fusebox layout on this forum, the windows and mirrors share the same fuse (F12 30 Amp). Only problem for me is that my internal fusebox is different and it is not in the glovebox but under the steeringwheel. My fusebox has place for 17 fuses but only two (!) :? has fuses. I have checked both and they are o.k. Indeed all the fuses in the enginebay box are o.k. also. When I read in the owners manual, nothing is mentioned about fuses for windows or mirrors. As far as I know, all electrical gadgets should be fused. But where can I find the fuse for windows and mirrors :?:

Grateful for help!

Surprise, surprise, I have found another fusebox near the first one under the steering wheel ( My car has the wheel
on the left side - left hand drive ). The fusebox is well hidden below the one I already had found. Had to jam myself almost upside down between the wheel and seat to see it. Unfortunately, all the fuses seems to be o.k. So that is not the problem. But it must be something that is common to the left electrical window and both the electrical mirrors. And why is the right hand side window working :?: :?

acstrath

acstrath
Checked all the fuses today with an Ohm-meter. All the fuses are o.k.
Met an old friend today, a now retired car mechanic. He told me to check the wiring between the door and the body. When cold, these wires are not as tough as one would like. And we have experienced some pretty cold weather recently. I will check it out tomorrow and post my answer.
acstrath

Contributor

acstrath2 wrote:
acstrath2 wrote:

Grateful for help!

acstrath

acstrath
Checked all the fuses today with an Ohm-meter. All the fuses are o.k.
Met an old friend today, a now retired car mechanic. He told me to check the wiring between the door and the body. When cold, these wires are not as tough as one would like. And we have experienced some pretty cold weather recently. I will check it out tomorrow and post my answer.
acstrath

I had a look at the wiring. It's a bundle of about 20 packed tight together. Impossible for me to determine if any are cut. It's only a few inches of wires that I can access between the door and the car body. Have to remove the door trimming and have a look at what's there. Need to get a set of torx drivers first. Would be too easy with philips screws. I think this is how Citroen reckons at least.

acstrath

Contributor

Checked the wires, alles o.k.

I think that the problem lies in the switch itself. This, my conclusion after eliminating all other imaginary causes. Realizing that I am not an expert on the subject, but I have tried to use logic. If the wires are "live" between the switch and the mirrors (and the powerwindow), I would guess I have a faulty switch. In fact, the light on the switch itself is not iluminated :idea:
I will try to find a swith at the wreckers yard.

acstrath
My Name: smiledon

Acstrath,
I have just bought a 2nd hand c3 1.6HDI 2008. Rt hand drive here in Oz. The manual is very misleading for on the diesel there are 3 fuseboxes, not 2...[engine bay, glovebox, under the glovebox rt hand drive of course] The under glovebox looks like the glovebox one shown in the manual. ie. 17 or so fuses. The glovebox fusebox has 12 bays but only 1 is occupied. Guess what...it serves the [for me] drivers window.
Is this your missing fuse???
Toodle pip... Phil

Contributor

Thank you Smiledon, :)
I will check that tomorrow.
acstrath