Drivers side rear door not opening

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: BrianT

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 47000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hello all,

My first post so be gentle.

We have recently bought a 2004 C3 Exclusive 1.1,5 door,the rear drivers side door has never opened so took the rear seat out and removed the door panel,i found the Central locking plug removed,when i plugged it in the Central locking would not work,nither the outside or inside handle will open the door either :evil:

So to my question.Is it possible to open the rear door with this scenario or can the locking mechanism be triggered from the insid e so i can get the door open and get the lock removed?

Many thanks in advance.

BrianT.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum BrianT
.Is it possible to open the rear door with this scenario or can the locking mechanism be triggered from the inside so i can get the door open and get the lock removed?
If the locking motor (the thing that you reconnected the wires to) is busted, you will need to butcher it to release the lock.

The other issue could be that the locking unit is not getting a signal, so it could be worth checking there is some voltages at the plug (disconnected) while trying the central locking button.

Not knowing what is broken, my guess is that the door lock mechanism is busted and its this that will need to be disassembled while still fitted to the car to facilitate opening of the door, to undo those torx screws to fit a new one.

You have already managed to remove the door panel, but here are some pictures

Before doing anything else, I would purchase another locking mechanism, so you can see what's involved, before butchering the faulty one ;)

have a look on ebay for the locking mechanism for the Citroen C3

these links may also help

Citroen C3 Rear Door Lock removal (for buzzing locks) topic.

Citroen C3 Door Handle Removal topic
My Name: BrianT

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 47000

C3CAR,

Thanks,just confirmed what i feared,i will purchase a new lock and a bigger hammer i think :shock: ,

Will update when done,hopefully,

BrianT.