Drivers side front door quarter window

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: cjkace

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

My daughter has just been bought a C3 by her Grand-dad, and whilst reversing on to our drive has knocked off the drivers side wing mirror, which also shattered the drivers side quarter window. We've got a replacement window from the salvagers.

How hard is it to fit?

Any tips on how to do it?

Thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi cjkace
cjkace wrote:We've got a replacement window from the salvagers.
You have the whole assembly, not just a bit of glass?

The quarter light assembly is riveted in place, the rivets are hidden behind the door rubbers. You have to remove the door glass to get the quarter light out. Its a bit of a work up for such a small bit of glass :(

The C3 Haynes Manual has detailed sections on replacing the glass, along with many other DIY type jobs, a worthy addition to the toolbox :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: cjkace

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+

Just have the glass, as the rest of it looks fine.

Looks like it will be going to the garage for someone with more skill than I have, to replace.