Door sealing sheets

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Mattius

Contributor

I've got an 52-reg SX and have just had to remove the front passenger side (near side) window regulator as the plastic bit which attaches to the window had broken. The door was sealed with a foam sealing sheet but you have to remove most of it to get the regulator out :( So before I make a trip to the stealer does anyone know where I might get a cheaper alternative/OEM from?

Thanks.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi Mattius, welcome to the forum.
before I make a trip to the stealer does anyone know where I might get a cheaper alternative/OEM from?
I patched mine up with some tape that I had laying around. It doesn't need to look pretty, only keep the moisture out.

At around about £30 on eBay for the sheet, when they are available, I would expect more expensive at the dealer, some £5 gaffer tape is looking like a deal :)
My Name: Mattius

Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using a clear plastic dust sheet taped to the inside of the door but wasn't sure it it would be sufficient. Still I'll give it a try and if not I'll just have to brace myself for the stealer wants! :shock:
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

I was thinking of using a clear plastic dust sheet taped to the inside of the door but wasn't sure it it would be sufficient.
I think that is a very good idea, and definitely sufficient.
My Name: MATTHEW LOMAX

Experienced Member
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: Rhythm

when i use to work at a garage it wasn't unknown to use double sided sticky tape and a camping groundsheet or any reasonably sound plastic sheeting its only to stop water ingress into cockpit and not damaging door cards. :) hope this helps.