Door hinge loose

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Reinejonsson

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 100000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

Hello! I have a 2005 c3 and a 2014 C3 Picasso. Now a question about the 2005 C3.
The driver side door is a bit loose and I can lift it some millimeters up and down. When I look at the hinge it doesnt seem to be caused by a loose bolted hinge. It seems like it is loose and moving around the long pin that holds the hinge parts together. Is it possible that the hole for the pin has been worn and bigger now so the hinge becomes loose? Any experience of this problem? I guess the only option is to change the hinges or do you have any other tip? Besides needing someone to hold the door, is it a big pain changing the hinge? Or is it just unscrewing the three torx bolts? Thanks for your advices!, :)
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello Reinejonsson
Reinejonsson wrote:Hello! I have a 2005 c3 and a 2014 C3 Picasso. Now a question about the 2005 C3.
The driver side door is a bit loose and I can lift it some millimeters up and down. When I look at the hinge it doesnt seem to be caused by a loose bolted hinge. It seems like it is loose and moving around the long pin that holds the hinge parts together. Is it possible that the hole for the pin has been worn and bigger now so the hinge becomes loose? Any experience of this problem? I guess the only option is to change the hinges or do you have any other tip? Besides needing someone to hold the door, is it a big pain changing the hinge? Or is it just unscrewing the three torx bolts? Thanks for your advices!, :)
It could be the pin that has worn, or the hole or the attachment of the hinge to the body. Its a part of the maintenance to lubricate the hinges.

There is also a similar topic to yours here, which may give you some extra information.

The hinge pin is arrowed (it's under all that grease :lol: )

Citroen C3 door hinge
Citroen C3 door hinge