Door automatic locking

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: SonOfAnarchy ZA

Experienced Member

Hi guys im new to the forum ive got a 14hdi c3 and just recently put a sub in the car everything is still standard im using a hi to low converter and i taped that off the rear speakers but ever since i put the sound in my doors do not lock automatically does anyone know why this would be?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Did you disturb any of the wiring to the locks when you were looking for the wires for the rear speakers? You don't say where you picked up the rear speaker feed, but as the wires get near the door, the locking and speaker wires are in the same loom. Where is the power to the sub amp coming from?

You didn't mention which shape (or year) C3 you have, as the wiring can change on the different years and different models have different locking parts.

Experienced Member

its a 2004 model im taking the positive directly from the battery. I tapped the audio off just before the loom enters the door did cut the wrong cable going into the door but i re soldered it and i was rushing and careless and i accidently shorted the positive terminal to the chassis which reset my clock and date on the radio :? im sure this is where the roblem is but everything else is working fine. Do i need to reset my BSI?

Guru

Thanks for the extra info, I was on the right track....

Can you say when the "Door automatic locking" used to occur? I don't understand fully what the Door automatic locking feature is that you describe.

Is the problem with all the doors/boot or just the one door (that is attached to the modified wiring)

Experienced Member

all the doors lock and unlock fine but before when the car hit 10Kph the doors automatically locked but it doesnt do that anymore

Guru

I see, that's not a feature I have seen on the C3, but I think you are in the right place when you mention the BSI.

Resetting it the BSI is worth a try, but it may not fix it.

I would imagine the automatic door locking is all done in software in the BSI and can be enabled and disabled from there. This requires a garage or citroen dealer or someone with lexia to connect to the diagnostic socket and check the automatic locking is enabled in there.

If the auto locking at speed is not done in software, then there is going to be an extra black box somewhere that the door locking wires go to to control them.

What country was the car made for? (as it may be a specific option for a particular country).

Experienced Member

im from South Africa. i will reset the bmi and will let you know if it helps thanks for your help

Experienced Member

Ok i reset it using the following procedure:

put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

didn't seem to help! is this procedure correct?

Guru

That is the sort of procedure, it shuts down the system gracefully and bring it back online correctly. Its very similar to the procedure for resetting the Citroen C3 BSI in the 'tips' section.

It also re-syncs the transponder key to the car alarm system when you do this
Switch on the ignition and
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Then citroen recommends you reset the electric window safety cut outs by following this
electric window reset procedure

I looked into the programming of the auto door locking and it looks like the boot will always lock after driving off, but there is the option in the BSI to enable this feature for all the doors. I haven't tested the theory yet, maybe a job for the weekend.

I think it may be worth checking to see if the boot locks after driving off. If it doesn't, then you have probably damaged the BSI (the output that sends the 'lock' signal when the car reaches a speed). If the boot still locks, it may mean you just need to re-enable the feature of 'locking while driving'. Citroen garages can do this, or anyone who is lucky enough to have a Lexia 3 Programmer working.
My Name: murdock_bassi

Contributor

I might be completly wrong here.......

But when I programmed my friends car to auto lock when driving off it was as simple as starting the car and then pressing and holding the lock button on the dash until you hear a beep.

I'm sure its in the manual somewhere