Digital clock bulb

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Keithlfc

Hi my digital clock on my c3 1.2 56 plate the illumination light has gone off where is the bulb so I can change it or fuse
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello Keithlfc,

There were several different displays fitted to the C3, you say yours is a 'clock', so there is no trip display, temperature, just the time? A picture of it would help.

Some displays have lamps in, more than one though, sometimes 3 lamps.

There are fuses,
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t153.html

but each fuse that links to the clock also links to some other dashboard part, so with a blown fuse, expect other dashboard lighting to be off when it should be on.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Guru

Well the light is not illuminate but the time is working just need to know where the bulb or fuse goes it only shows time it s got two buttons one for the hour and one for minutes it's in middle of dashboard how can I send u a photo of it
The bulb is going to be directly behind the clock, take the clock out to get to it.

There isn't a fuse just for the clock light, but if you want to check the fuses, they are to be found in the glove box - rather well hidden.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Guru

This is the sort of thing you will expect to find if you remove the clock/display from the dashboard.
C3 Dash Display removed
C3 Dash Display removed
To get the display out to replace the lamps, firstly remove the binnacle from the dash, its only clipped in and just needs a good tug in the upward direction to release it.

A video to show how to remove the binnacle
This will reveal two T20 Torx headed screws (use a T20 Torx drive drive) to remove them to allow the clock or display to be removed from the car. There is a plug to disconnect from the display that carries power and signal if you want to get the best access to the lamp holders.

The lamps are in holders that need a quarter turn to release from the display, then the lamps then pull out from the holder.
Dash display clock trip lamp removed.
Dash display clock trip lamp removed.
These are the lamps that are often fitted. If you change one, change them all.

These are the lamps you need 12v 1.2w for trip or clock display.