Creaking from steering when turning right?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: BillWSS

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2006 (56)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

This just started happening Steering is creaking when turning right, Turned the engine off and turned the wheel to see if it was power steering it is still happening even with the engine off so can't be power steering... It only does it when i am turning the wheel right, If i turn the wheel right then stop say half way then carry on turning it right it'll creak again.. Its not only in one place.......Any ideas?

UPDATE: Been into my garage, He rekons its the steering motor going in the steering rack, New Question, If i was to buy one online would it need recoding?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

BillWSS wrote:If i was to buy one online would it need recoding?
No, not the motor or the PAS ECU need recoding.

Steering Rack and Motor for a Citroen C3 on ebay :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

BillWSS wrote:This just started happening Steering is creaking when turning right, Turned the engine off and turned the wheel to see if it was power steering it is still happening even with the engine off so can't be power steering... It only does it when i am turning the wheel right, If i turn the wheel right then stop say half way then carry on turning it right it'll creak again.. Its not only in one place.......Any ideas?
I would have said try the suspension strut top mount bearings

BillWSS wrote:UPDATE: Been into my garage, He rekons its the steering motor going in the steering rack,
But you can't beat actually being there to diagnose a noise ;)
My Name: BillWSS

Experienced Member
Year: 2006 (56)
Mileage: 40
Trim Level: Touch

Sweet as a nut! We put it on the trolly and jacked it up he checked it over whilst i turned the wheels, Still made the noise with no pressure on the wheels. Im ganna run it till it dies for now.