Connected Camera.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: routemaster1

C3 Master
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2019 (19)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 300
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

I have owned several Citroens over the years, 3 C4 Grand Picassos (a 2007 2.0HDi EGS Exclusive, a 2011 2.0HDi Manual Exclusive, and currently a 2015 2.0HDi Manual Exclusive +) and 3 C3s (a 2011 1.6HDi 110bhp Exclusive, a 2016 1.6 HDi 100bhp Platinum (definitely not my favourite, and now unfortunately written off), and a new 2019 110bhp Puretech Flair.

First impressions are very favorable. I like the mirroring system which hopefully will allow me to dispense with my TomTom, and the ConnectedCAM should allow me to get rid of my dashcam. (please take my advice and get a dashcam as it was invaluable in the crash that wrote off the last C3).

So at last to my query. I have managed to connect my camera to my phone using the ConnectedCAM app, but that only seems to allow me to share videos. I have connected a laptop to the camera with a usb lead, and I can see that the files are almost identical to my cashcam, but if I try to copy them off with my wife's laptop it just freezes, and I have tried with my daughter's laptop, which she protects with her life, and although it will download it seems extremely slow, at ~35 minutes. Is there any other way that I can get footage off my ConnectedCAM onto a tablet? Can you copy using a mico usb to micro usb cable?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

routemaster1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm Is there any other way that I can get footage off my ConnectedCAM onto a tablet? Can you copy using a mico usb to micro usb cable?
Hi routemaster1

This is in the manual
Thanks to the "CITROËN ConnectedCAM" application, you can then automatically and immediately share your photos and videos on social networks or by email.
A "micro USB" port also allows you to save data from the camera onto other media such as computers, tablets, etc.
Which seems to cover what you are asking.

There is no mention of speed, but if one laptop locks up and the other doesn't, I would say you have laptop trouble and not ConnectedCAM trouble.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

C3 Master

Thanks for the reply. I was sure you could download the footage to a smartphone; it's just that I am not really one of the on-line generation.

I tried the download to a laptop as that is the type of tech I understand. The first laptop hung, my daughter's laptop has a charging issue, and I eventually managed with a tiny notebook to a memory card, but it was horribly slow, taking ~45 minute. The footage is OK, but each clip is very short and the capacity before it rewrites seems to be small.

After that, I decided to experiment with my smartphone using Citroen ConnectedCAM. It seems to download via bluetooth, but still requires the phone to be connected by usb. All I have to do now is find where it stores it!

C3 Master

Hello again.

An update for anyone who has the ConnectedCAM and Android Auto. I finally managed to download the images from the camera by using an old notebook computer and transferring directly onto a memory stick. The download was slow though. The camera in this case acts as though it is a memory stick and doesn't need the ignition on. I also managed to download using the ConnectedCAM app onto the smartphone; again download is slow.It seems to store the images on the phone rather than the SD car which makes it difficult to find them, which I did using an app called CX File Explorer. They are filed in main storage under Samsung. Then there is the issue of getting them off the phone, which you can do by emailing them. However, the file (I set my camera to 2 minutes) are too big and the camera resized before emailing. Unfortunately this way you get a much poorer image.

I also had an issue with navigation. I used it on Saturday with no issue. However, on my return it completely failed. It would sometimes set a navigation and sometimes after a long wait I got a verbal message 'the internet connection is not strong enough at the moment' When it did accept a navigation, if I went off route, instead of rerouting immediately it would just continually try to update, often for 3-4 minutes. After much headscratching I decided to turn off the wifi, and everything now back to normal, I tried to find a setting to give preference to data, but no luck.

I hope this might help someone, as it doesn't seem to be as simple as I'm sure it should be.