Clutch switch

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Savory05

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi peeps my wife has a c3 and I found the clutch switch hanging off still connected by the pedal but I can not find where it goes I've looked on net for diagrams but to no avail ,so can any one help me put this switch back so It can't b trapped When driving pictures would be good has I can see 3 holes to where I think it goes on top of pedal frame but do not want to put back just In case it's wrong and breaks it thx peeps
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum Savory05
Savory05 wrote: I found the clutch switch hanging off still connected by the pedal but I can not find where it goes
Number 5 in the diagram is the clutch switch but is a bit misleading because the wire does not go straight up, but actually loops over to the brake pedal frame (the green wire in my picture).
clutch switch Citroen C3 on pedal frame
clutch switch Citroen C3 on pedal frame

I assume you have already removed the plastic trim under the steering wheel to get better access (no screws, just pull)
Remove access panel for better access to the pedals
Remove access panel for better access to the pedals

This one shows the green wire from the clutch switch which is then 'plug and socketed' at the brake pedal bracket. The plug and socket it at the same level as the clutch switch, but the clutch switch is so well hidden it is very difficult to get a photo.
citroen C3 pedal connections
citroen C3 pedal connections
The photo doesn't show the clutch switch :(