Clock display issues ,help please

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: den9112

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 64000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi, i have just purchased a C3 2003 1.4 sx , i have replaced the HU with my own which after finding the adapter is working fine ,all doors locking etec work,however when i switch on the ignition i dont get the outside temp figure on the dashboard which i believe you should ,also i cant change the clock time,when i press A (menu) the unit is supposed to flash but i get is the word English then when i let go and try to change i get this format 08/01/14 which is tthe correct date , no matter what i try ao i cannot change the time or any other parameters ,basicaly when i press menu the unit is not flashing .Any help on the matter would be apreciated .Thanks
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

den9112 wrote:i have replaced the HU with my own which after finding the adapter is working fine
Hello den9112.

When you say adapter, have you got just a wiring adapter or one with an attached little black box?

I'm not sure about the clock buttons but the OEM radio controls the display which will be why you are missing the temperature readout. When we got our C3 it had an aftermarket radio which wasn't working with the steering wheel stalk audio controls. After fitting the correct interface, not only did the controls work but we also had a trip computer! Not saying you'll get a trip computer but it should help with the other problems.

The interface I fitted was by Connects2. Not recommending them as such but a good start as to where to look for information.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

Top Contributor

Hi the adapter i got was the one for the 4/7 pin switch,the trip comptuer/mph /distance etc all work fine ,i dont mind not haveing the stalk control for the radio but i would like to be able to change the time,the display works when you open a door as it warns you .....does the connect2 give you the option to use your displays menu.Thanks
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+

den9112 wrote:Hi, i have just purchased a C3 2003 1.4 sx , i have replaced the HU with my own which after finding the adapter is working fine ,all doors locking etec work,however when i switch on the ignition i dont get the outside temp figure on the dashboard which i believe you should ,also i cant change the clock time,when i press A (menu) the unit is supposed to flash but i get is the word English then when i let go and try to change i get this format 08/01/14 which is tthe correct date , no matter what i try ao i cannot change the time or any other parameters ,basicaly when i press menu the unit is not flashing .Any help on the matter would be apreciated .Thanks
Can you take a picture of the display in your car and attach it to a post please.

Top Contributor

Old radio refitted and all ok,so it must be the new radio set up
Attachments
014.jpg

Guru

Old radio refitted and all ok,so it must be the new radio set up
I disagree,

You have a CAN/VAN 2002 style car with an old style display.

The temperature display is controlled by the BSI and drivers door mirror. The temperature is shown even with the radio disconnected on this year of car (early model). Easy to test if your new stereo is causing a problem, just unplug the stereo.

Make sure you haven't damaged the wiring to the display when you fitted your radio..

To set the clock, hold down the left button unto 'ENGLISH' flashes

the let go of the button and tap it several times to move through the options until the time starts flashing.

use the right hand button to advance the time.

tap the left button several times to return to the normal display.

Guru

I think the biggest confusion was the change in 2006 when the radio is more integrated to the CAN bus and is used to control the display. Before 2006 the display would work quite happily without the radio.

https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t476.html this link has some information on how to remove the display.

Top Contributor

Getting confused here , the pic posted is with the old radio put back,i can change time date etc,but I still don't have the temp read out .

Guru

den9112 wrote:Getting confused here , the pic posted is with the old radio put back,i can change time date etc,but I still don't have the temp read out .
Temperature (for 2002-2005) comes from the drivers wing mirror and the BSI computer (fuse box in the glove box). You may have a problem with the drivers mirror.

Have you tried pressing the tick? as the 1 line display won't show time and temperature, just one or the other..

https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... 3-t81.html
Temperature sensor in driver door mirror on the C3
Temperature sensor in driver door mirror on the C3
Citroen C3 fuse box BSI access
Citroen C3 fuse box BSI access
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire

Did the temperature display work ever? Ours doesn't have one, never has.

Agree with C3driver 52, changing the radio shouldn't affect the clock display, but all I can say is that ours did until the adaptor was sorted.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: