child locks on door not moving and button doesn't work

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: sammyturner1983

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 33000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

i bought my c3 at the weekend encredibly happy with my purchase untill i put my 2 year old in and it would apper the child lock button doesnt work and the bit where u would have a child lock on other cars is a dummie which is crazy has anyone fixed or had fixed the child lock button able to offer any advice pls many thanks
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Welcome to the forum sammyturner1983,
the child lock button doesnt work and the bit where u would have a child lock on other cars is a dummie which is crazy
If you have the electronic child lock button on the dashboard like this one:

then there is no manual operation of the child lock on the door itself and the space is filled by a dummy, as you say. This is correct.

Does the orange light go on and off with multiple presses of the child lock button on the dash?

If not, you should check all the connections on the BSI are not loose, check the switch works and investigate changing/testing the child lock relay.

These posts may help,

Child Lock Relay: (near the last post)

BSI plug for the rear locks

Child Lock Switches (ebay)