Changing front headlight

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: 1Scotty1

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 88000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello,

For a longer period of time I have been noticing a lot of condensation in one of my headligts on my C3 (2003). I either want to clean it up or replace completely but nowhere I can find detailed instructions on removing the headlight :( so if any of you could be so kind and help me I would be thankful :)

Plus is there a good book where you can find instructions for various repairs such as this?

Thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

1Scotty1 wrote:Hello,

For a longer period of time I have been noticing a lot of condensation in one of my headligts on my C3 (2003). I either want to clean it up or replace completely but nowhere I can find detailed instructions on removing the headlight :( so if any of you could be so kind and help me I would be thankful :)

Plus is there a good book where you can find instructions for various repairs such as this?

Thanks
Your headlight is a common one and covered on the forum, have a look at

https://citroenc3owners.com/tips-for-any-citroen-c3-f8/water-in-the-headlights-t4.html

You don't need to remove the headlight to cure it ;)

The Citroen C3 Haynes Manual on amazon is a great book for these jobs. Also worth having a look HERE on ebay for a Haynes Manual for the C3.

Removing headlight https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t691.html
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Might I ask, what is the difference between the Haynes book you suggested and the Haynes service and repair manual (green book)? Thanks
Because I am definitely getting one :)
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Trim Level: Desire
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

The Haynes manual is a good source of information. It's not always perfect as there are model variations and updates through the life of a model. On the whole though if you apply a bit of reason you can get enough information to do most jobs.

There was a facelift to the C3, pre-facelift cars are covered by the green Haynes manual, the blue version of the manual also includes extra information for later face-lift cars.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

Top Contributor

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, I know about the facelift, I just wanted to know the difference between those two books :) so it is enough for me to get the green one, seeing I have the 2003 pre-facelift model.