Changing bulbs on side lights?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: rdn

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hello all,
I have to change the bulbs on the sides of my '05 Pluriel. So this is not the sidelights (I think), as searches for those talked about lights that were included in the headlight assembly, but the single bulbs on the front quarter panel, just in front of the door hinges.

How do I get access to those lights? I think I might have to take off the black plastic shrouds in the front wheel wells, which seem to be fastened with plastic push-in-only type fasteners. Do those plastic fasteners come apart with some trick?

Thank you.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

rdn wrote:Hello all,
I have to change the bulbs on the sides of my '05 Pluriel. So this is not the sidelights (I think), as searches for those talked about lights that were included in the headlight assembly, but the single bulbs on the front quarter panel, just in front of the door hinges.

How do I get access to those lights? I think I might have to take off the black plastic shrouds in the front wheel wells, which seem to be fastened with plastic push-in-only type fasteners. Do those plastic fasteners come apart with some trick?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum rdn,

The lamps you describe are the indicator repeater lamps.
indicator repeater citroen C3
indicator repeater citroen C3

The manual sums it up quite well:
The pluriel manual wrote:Side repeater direction indicator
To change the direction indicator side repeater, push it forwards or rearwards to detach it, then pull it towards you.
Hold the cable and disconnect it.
Citroen C3 indicator repeater location
Citroen C3 indicator repeater location

After you have extracted the old lamp, replace it with a new W5W wedge 12v Lamp (like this one). Choose amber if your covers are clear.

This is a what a new pair of W5W side repeater lamps for a Citroen C3 (and Pluriel) look like

Citroen C3 side repeater indicator lamps
Citroen C3 side repeater indicator lamps

This is the lamp housing removed from the car and the grey oval section will separate from the while lamp section with a twist.

Citroen C3 side indicator repeater lamp change
Citroen C3 side indicator repeater lamp change
Citroen C3 side indicator repeater bulb change
Citroen C3 side indicator repeater bulb change
This lamp is ready for change because the amber filter has degraded and it now flashes white :(
Fit these W5W Amber 12v Filament lamps
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thank you kindly (and with photos!); I suppose I didn't think the manual would have been so helpful! Unless you meant the Hayes manual, then that would make sense.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

rdn wrote:Thank you kindly (and with photos!); I suppose I didn't think the manual would have been so helpful! Unless you meant the Hayes manual, then that would make sense.
No problem, its in the actual manual by citroen, I found it in the 2006 manual but I am sure its in the 2002-2005 as well :D
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

You were right, it was the same on the '05 one. Just push and wiggle a bit until it comes out. Thank you again.