Central locking stopped working! [SOLVED]

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: EddyOS

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 102000
Trim Level: VT
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi all, first post so I'll try and keep it short and to the point...

I own a 2006 Citroen C3 XTR 1.6 Diesel and up until last night it's been fine bar an issue going through lightbulbs but that's not the main problem. The main one is the central locking doesn't work when using the remote any more. I can lock the drivers door with the key, and I understand this doesn't lock the other doors and I have to do that manually with a screwdriver (is this correct?)

Anyway, I replaced the battery in the fob and have followed the guides on here to re-pair the key fob(s) and reset the BSI (not too sure if this worked but I think it did) and I still have no joy. Last night I'd driven to a friends and it locked fine at around 6PM but my girlfriend said the car was flashing the indicators when she went down for a cig at around 7PM but at the time it was locked. When we left at 2AM the car was unlocked and the fob was having no response but the car otherwise operates normally and the dash button locks all the doors.

Anyone have any other suggestions as it's obviously voiding my insurance and although I can go a few days without it locking properly I do need to drive to some public places soon so need it fixing ASAP!
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi EddyOS, welcome to the forum
I have to do that manually with a screwdriver (is this correct?)

The tip of the key will suffice.

Citroen C3 manual door locking procedure
Citroen C3 manual door locking procedure
Citroen_C3_Manual_locking_procedure.webp (26.7 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Citroen C3 manual door locking instructions
Citroen C3 manual door locking instructions
citroen-c3-manual-door-locking_.webp (37.62 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

Citroen C3 Central locking problems post.

Last night I'd driven to a friends and it locked fine at around 6PM but my girlfriend said the car was flashing the indicators when she went down for a cig at around 7PM but at the time it was locked.
Sounds like a faulty fob. The car will relock if not opened. Take the battery out of your fob and use the spare fob and see how you get on.

Should've added, it's the same with the spare fob - neither are responding. It was the first time I've ever used the spare fob so do you think it's worth changing the battery on that before trying anything else?

And I know what you mean regarding the auto-lock if you don't open the doors but it was locked when I left the car and unlocked when I returned to it 8 hours later so not sure what's happened...
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Take the battery out of the first fob. Put a new battery in the spare fob, then resync only the spare fob to the car, see how you get on.

resync instructions are here.

Done! Looks like the spare fob had a dead battery too but just reprogramming the spare fob has it locking again. Thanks a lot! :D