Central locking- grinding noise coming from the door

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Yido62

When I lock the car using the fob, there is a grinding noise coming from the door areas.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Yido62

When I lock the car using the fob, there is a grinding noise coming from the door areas.
does the sound like the buzzing noise from the door of a Citroen C3 in this video?

Demo of Buzzing door locks on a Cit...
Demo of Buzzing door locks on a Citroen C3

if yes, then its probably a faulty door solenoid pack. Just one, so you will need to listen to find which one it is. Other people have had the same problem, its quite common as the C3 get older. You can pick up the lock solenoids on ebay -- here --

and some instructions how to get the lock out and there are more posts about removing the door panel etc..

this post shows what was charged by a garage to change the locks
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Yido62

cheers Arfur, will check that out and let you know.