central locking and other problems

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: ntv2

hi everyone, last weekend i bought an 02 plate 1.4hdi 5 door exclusive and i have 3 problems i would like some help with if poss

1 The drivers door will not lock with the central locking i can hear the motor working but it does not lock, also it will not lock with the key, i can hear a click but the door isnt locked.

2 I have an airbag warning light on the dash that says the passenger airbag is turned off, i have tried to turn the airbag back on with the key, but the lock just turns with no resistance, it says its in the on position and just springs back to on.

3 The clutch bites very high, the car will pull away in 2nd without slipping, is it normal for the clutch to bite at the top or is there a way of adjusting it so it bites halfway up

All advice and opinions are welcome and i thank you in advance NTV2
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum ntv2
1 The drivers door will not lock with the central locking i can hear the motor working but it does not lock, also it will not lock with the key, i can hear a click but the door isnt locked.
If you want to delve in yourself, look at these posts on how to remove the door panel and how to access the locking mechanism. (Its likely part of this locking mechanism is broken).

Door card removal
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t160.html

Handle removal
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t161.html

Lock removal
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t162.html
2 I have an airbag warning light on the dash that says the passenger airbag is turned off, i have tried to turn the airbag back on with the key, but the lock just turns with no resistance, it says its in the on position and just springs back to on.
Maybe the switch is broken? Try airbag switch on eBay :)
3 The clutch bites very high, the car will pull away in 2nd without slipping, is it normal for the clutch to bite at the top or is there a way of adjusting it so it bites halfway up
Its a self adjusting hydraulic clutch, it can't be adjusted manually. Clutch is high on the C3, if its very high and slipping, the clutch plate may need replacing :( Find a kit of Clutch parts for the C3 here

https://citroenc3owners.com/petrol-citro ... 98-20.html this topic seems to hold a few clutch horror stories.

Other than that, enjoy driving your 1.4HDi Exclusive :)
Is it 16 valve or 8 valve?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

I forgot to mention, in the short term you can usually manually lock the drivers door with the secret switch behind the sticker on the door, in the door shut.

Photo should help?
manual door locking hidden switch
manual door locking hidden switch
found behind the black sticker on the door edge, near the lock.
Key operation of manual override for locking the Citroen C3
Key operation of manual override for locking the Citroen C3
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thanks for your reply arfer, I will try your suggestions over the coming weekends and let you know the outcome.

Sorry didn't notice your final question, its an 8v but I only paid £600 for it with a years tax and test, so I guess I shouldn't ask too much of it as it starts, stops and pulls like a train