Central Locking and Keys

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: aradvari1993

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi.

Could anyone help me with my central lock please.

I bought my car second hand. It came with one key only however the central lock was not working at the time. And the drivers door could not be locked at all. I have only found at after i brought the car home from 100miles away so didnt want to go back because of it.

I have changed the key to the drivers door as it was not working either. Therefore I have two keys for different reasons. 1 for ignition and the other to open the drivers door.

The drivers door is detached from the central lock so it can only be locked via the key and the central lock works from the inside on the other 3 doors.

Is there any way I can code my original key to work with my ecu? I have tried the sitting in method but it did not make a difference.

Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi Dave
aradvari1993 wrote: Is there any way I can code my original key to work with my ecu? I have tried the sitting in method but it did not make a difference.
If the key (the remote locking circuit) was originally paired to the car, its just a case of re-pairing the key to the car. I guess this is the sitting in method you mention.

You can find the procedure here.

Its not possible to pair any other remote locking fob to the car, other than a brand new (unused) key fob.

If the re-pairing doesn't work, try a new battery in the fob, and if that doesn't work, the fob is faulty.
aradvari1993 wrote:I have changed the key to the drivers door as it was not working either. Therefore I have two keys for different reasons. 1 for ignition and the other to open the drivers door.
If you can repair the lock you removed and refit it, then your ignition key will also fit the drivers door lock. If you fix the solenoid, then you can connect the lock back to the central locking so you have 4 doors and the boot locking.

This topic has some pictures of the locking solenoid on the rear doors, which are very similar to the front doors.

This one has some pictures of removing the door card, but I think you have that one covered.

If you want to see how many keys are paired and have a go at repairing them if the easy procedure fails, the dealer tool - Lexia (information here)