c3 pre-facelift to facelift

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Riggs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (55)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 65000
Trim Level: SX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi All, recently had 2 Citroen's join us, both prefaclifts one 05 reg and one 55 reg VTR.

Both are cat D repaired, the VTR needing a new front bumper and the 05 needing door replacing. Wanting to spruce them up a little, VTR needs a little paintwork around it which will be done but looking to upgrade the rear lights to the facelift, also as the front bumper needs painting we are looking at doing the facelift front bumper.

does anybody know if these are inter-changeable? I have a rear light on its way to test but we don't want to buy a full front bumper to see if it will fit.

Plans for each are a general tidy up, 05 is a silver exlusiv(?) model, we replaced the door on it but it has a small dent in the quarter, only 40k so a nice buy. The VTR needs the right front bumper painting (we have prefacelift VTR bumper brand new citroen part ready), rear passenger arch extension and back bumper could do with some paint aswell whilst interior needs a good clean, dark blue with only 65k so again a nice buy.

Opted for the first C3 after our C3 gt decided to break, pleased with the 05 C3 we swapped a punto for the VTR
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Riggs, welcome to the forum.
Riggs wrote:does anybody know if these are inter-changeable? I have a rear light on its way to test but we don't want to buy a full front bumper to see if it will fit.
I had a quick look and the front wings seem to be the same part number for pre and post facelift, so this is a step in the right direction. A level of confusion is the VTR/XTR specifications because these do call for different part numbers over the standard models.

I have not tried putting a post face lift bumper on a pre face lift car and would be interested to hear (and see) how it goes.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Adreas90

Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: I dont know
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+

Hello i have a citroen c3 2002 and i want to change my rear lights to facelift model is it possible??
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Adreas90 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:59 pm Hello i have a citroen c3 2002 and i want to change my rear lights to facelift model is it possible??
Yes, its a straight swap.

Easy to do.

Have a look here for some facelift style C3 rear lights (and some aftermarket ones in there too) :D
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Adreas90

Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: I dont know
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+

Thank you very much