Bonnet Open Warning

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: The Badger

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I have a 02 1.6 16v Exclusive C3 and I recienlty have changed the battery and also the heater resistor. When I had changed the resistor after having taken the blower motor out to find it, the bonnet open warning stays on even after I have made sure it is shut. I cannot find any mention of a sensor in the haynes manual or on the service citroen site.

When I changed the battery I left the bonnet open for 30 mins to let the bsi shut down. When I connected the battery I left it for 2 mins and then I opened a door, I then left the ignition on for 2 mins and then I started the car. I change the battery tuesday last week and the resistor on saturday and it seems that the fault has started since saturday.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello The Badger,

I cannot find any mention of a sensor in the haynes manual or on the service citroen site.
Here is a picture of the electrical connection to the bonnet open sensor on a 2002 Citroen C3.

Its not very clear, and well greased, but I think you will find it from the photo.
C3 Bonnet open sensor and bonnet latch release cable
C3 Bonnet open sensor and bonnet latch release cable
My Name: calinutz

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 80000
Gearbox: SensoDrive

Hi,

Have you got any ideea how to get the sensor out ? It doesn't have a connector, the wires go straight into the switch.

Thanks.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984

calinutz wrote:Hi,

Have you got any ideea how to get the sensor out ? It doesn't have a connector, the wires go straight into the switch.

Thanks.
I have never had to remove the sensor, but if you remove the whole catch assembly it may become evident.

This is the catch assembly, missing the sensor, removed from the car
bonnet release catch citroen c3
bonnet release catch citroen c3
Which may help?
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire

The switch has a little press release on it, it then slides off.

Before removing it, I'd try giving the lock a good clean, perhaps electrical contact cleaner and then re-lubricate. I'm wandering if the work done under the bonnet has just exercised the mechanism which is perhaps a little dried out, mechanically speaking?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: