Bodywork Wing Removal/Refit

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: sjcuk

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Please can anyone advise on the correct method for removing my drivers side wing, a bump this morning has dented the wheel arch and pushed it in. I'd like to do some rudimentary 'reshaping' rather than replace the panel as that's too costly right now.

I've looked on an internet search and found nothing.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

sjcuk wrote:Please can anyone advise on the correct method for removing my drivers side wing, a bump this morning has dented the wheel arch and pushed it in. I'd like to do some rudimentary 'reshaping' rather than replace the panel as that's too costly right now.

I've looked on an internet search and found nothing.
Hi sjcuk, sorry I don't have full instructions, but I have this picture showing the fixings for the C3 wing

The fixings are No 80 is a self tapping type torx head screw and No 50 is a pop rivet.

I think there are also clips somewhere that link the wing to the bumper, so you may have to partially remove the bumper?

Hopefully this is some help to you. There isn't much information about the bodywork on the forum so any pictures or tips would be most welcome :)
citroen C3 Wing
citroen C3 Wing
My Name: sjcuk

Year: 2005 (05)
Trim Level: Desire

Thanks for the info C3driver52, I was hoping for some pictures myself, especially regarding all the connection points. I'm imagining it's not going to be easily accessible unless ramped in the air with the wheel off in any case.
My Name: gt4thug

Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 105000
Trim Level: Exclusive

did you get any joy on removing the wing, i have the same issue and what did you do with the small plug / allen bolt / gromit up by the hinge ( not in this diagram its at the very top of the wing , or is this something that is nothing to do with the wing and somewhere else is clamping it down ? ?

as i need to swap a wing from a donor to mine and i cant for the life o me get any sense on this

cheers
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

gt4thug wrote:as i need to swap a wing from a donor to mine and i cant for the life o me get any sense on this

Pictures of your own showing the part in question, attached to the forum using the form below can help others see what the part is and may be enough for them to see your problem and suggest a solution.

Took all the plastic and wipers off... it's a pop rivet alright....
IMAG0273.jpg
IMAG0271.jpg
IMAG0269.jpg
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

gt4thug wrote:Took all the plastic and wipers off... it's a pop rivet alright...
Looks like it is. I don't see it on the diagram. If you remove every other fixing and it still won't budge, drill out the pop rivet ;)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Yeah it got better the bolt for the lower corner to bumper undone.. nothing shifted, two more pop rivets, it was easier to unbolt from the holder in other photo than try and drill these out.. well that's the donor wing off... just need to do same and bolt both back together , so far the car has all the rough bits swapped back to the £100 donor and I still have the whole car to move on, a win win either way for the price of parts
IMAG0275.jpg
IMAG0274.jpg
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

gt4thug wrote:Yeah it got better the bolt for the lower corner to bumper undone.. nothing shifted, two more pop rivets, it was easier to unbolt from the holder in other photo than try and drill these out.. well that's the donor wing off... just need to do same and bolt both back together , so far the car has all the rough bits swapped back to the £100 donor and I still have the whole car to move on, a win win either way for the price of parts
Great work.

Thank you for the pictures and the instructions on how you managed it.

Good price for all those parts too :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)