Beam adjustment switch light

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Sparky1986

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Not sure if it's a problem or not, I have had my c3 a little over two months and only now noticed that the the light for the beam adjustment switch to the right of the ignition is still on even tho all lights and ignition is off and the car is locked. Is this meant to stay on or not! can anyone help. Thanks in advance
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Sparky1986 wrote:Not sure if it's a problem or not, I have had my c3 a little over two months and only now noticed that the the light for the beam adjustment switch to the right of the ignition is still on even tho all lights and ignition is off and the car is locked. Is this meant to stay on or not! can anyone help. Thanks in advance
Hi Sparky1986, is it possible to take a photo of the light and attach it to this topic. You can fin the attach buttons below when you reply.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Sparky1986

Year: 2006 (06)
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: Desire

It's the adjustment switch on the left, when everything is off including lights, ignition etc the light behind the switch stays on illuminating the switch
image.jpeg
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Sparky1986 wrote:It's the adjustment switch on the left, when everything is off including lights, ignition etc the light behind the switch stays on illuminating the switch
Thanks for the picture.

Its not normal for that light illuminating the switch to stay on with the ignition off.

I suggest you remove the switch and if you can disconnect the light supply. This may just be the easiest solution :)

To get better access to the switch its possible to remove the cubby that is below the switches by pulling it from the clips.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: onepound

Experienced Member
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 84000
DPF: Yes
Engine name: DV6 16-valve diesel (92 PS)

Sparky1986 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:41 pm It's the adjustment switch on the left, when everything is off including lights, ignition etc the light behind the switch stays on illuminating the switch

image.jpeg
Hi did you get to the bottom of this problem as I have the same and it is draining my battery? If you found the problem it would be a great help. >>
My Name: Ozvtr

Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

The headlight leveling knob has a very dim LED in it and I doubt that this (alone) is the cause of your battery drain.
Does the light in the control knob ever go out?
Are all of the side lights working...correctly. Do they go out? Do they come on?
There is another LED in the electric mirror switch, does that go out?
Does the head light leveling system on your car actually work? I.E. does it function correctly?
Anything else connected with the lighting not working correctly?
From what I can see, power for the knob comes from the BSI to pin 2 of the leveling knob on the dash. When the side lights are activated power is supplied to the knob and the LED comes on.
So pending further evidence, I would say a transistor in the BSI is faulty (shorted).