Auto Locking

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: alfie123

I've got a citroen c3 52 plate and it has just started auto locking the doors when i drive off and auto child locks as well. Does anyone know if i can disable this auto lock feature? Have had the car 6 years now and it has never done this before, have checked owners manual but no luck there.
Any help would be much appreciated have been searching internet but haven't found the answer yet.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the C3 forum alfie123,

It can be worth checking the child lock button and central locking button work correctly, give them a push and see if they toggle on/off ok.

this post: Citroen C3 Child Lock and Central Locking Buttons has pictures of the buttons that control the central locking and rear child locks.

After that, maybe resetting the BSI or Central locking?

How to reset the BSI on a Citroen C3
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thanks, both buttons work fine so will try and reset the BSI tomorrow

Have tried resetting the BSI but no luck there either, any other ideas?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi alfie123.

The central locking is controlled by the BSI computer.
Looks like you have tried the obvious so I suggest getting the car connected to a citroen computer so they can read the codes from the BSI and see whats triggering the lock command.

The citroen equipment will give plenty of information and may even be able to fix the problem with a software update.

I wasn't aware that early C3 could lock as you drive away, not even the exclusive, I don't understand how your car has suddenly acquired that knowledge.

Let us know how you get on!
My Name: Hans Zarkov

Top Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: Exclusive

I know that this may be an obvious answer, but press and hold the central locking button. On my 04 plate this activates / deactivates the auto lock function. It doesn't mention it in the manual, and I only discovered it by accident about 6 months ago :)

HZ

I have tried holding down the central locking button on the dash that didnt seem to work did yours work on that button or on your remote and did you have the ignition on?
My Name: Azem

Hi all,
First post here. I have a C3 2010 running in Brazil on gasoline/ethanol mix. and the door autolock feature was working fine untill 2 mo ago.
I will try to push and hold the central locking button to see if it works and post a feedback.
BTW please explain to me how can I reset the BSI?
My Name: Azem

It worked!!!!!!
My Name: Keithw

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 47000
Trim Level: SX

Hi
My auto door locking is activated and deactivated by my radio/cd settings. Also my rear wiper auto wipe when I put it in reverse gear.