angel eyes fitted and they look great

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: saad-jay

Contributor

Hi all

Just had these angel eyes fitted to my beloved c3 and they look great. Was a bumper and grill off job tho. Anyway my new problem is the side lights are led and now its giving me a msgs on the dash said "info side lights faulty" my question is there anyway of turning them off ?

Citroen C3 angel eye headlights link

Citroen C3 Angel Eyes!
Citroen C3 Angel Eyes!
block connector easy in an out
block connector easy in an out
Grill need to come off four screws 2 t8 and 2 10mm spanner
Grill need to come off four screws 2 t8 and 2 10mm spanner
Angel eyes
Angel eyes
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello saad-jay.

The headlights you have fitted look very posh, how about a photo of them fitted in the your C3?

LED lights cause problems with vehicles that monitor the current drawn by the circuit. You can get so called CAN-Bus friendly bulbs which have a resistor fitted in parallel with the LEDs to draw more current and fool the circuit into thinking its a normal bulb. You have to be a careful fitting these bulbs into fittings that can't handle the extra heat, the extra power they draw is converted to heat so they produce as much heat as a standard bulb. In a normal fitting this isn't a problem but may be in ones made for LEDs.

An alternative would be to fit a separate power resistor in parallel with the sidelight bulb circuit but fit it in a location where it won't cause any harm slightly away from the light fitting.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

Contributor

Hi i have orders the power resistor off ebay. I have added pics. There are two screws each side of the bumper that need to be removed. I didn't have my phone on me when i took the the lights off. You would have to remove the inner wing plastics to get access to the bolts for the front bumper. The angel eyes lights are wired in to the side light with some scotch locks
My Name: alsie2

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 37
Trim Level: Cachet
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Nice photos, hope all that oil on your drive is not off your car.

Contributor

Nope it's not my oil. I have a lot of scrap metal collectors on my road. They seem to have very old vans and its they who leak oil on the road. City council to not clean the street like they used to. They have given up!