Alarm Upgrade

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Has anyone fitted a genuine alarm upgrade kit to a C3?

Any hints or tips appreciated, and also information on the part number, I've come across two, 9471N6 and 9471H5. Which is correct or has the number been updated?

Car is a late 2004, 1.1 Desire.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello Missing Lincs

9471 H5 shows up as a Thatcham Cat. '2 to 1' upgrade. It is also Thatcham number TU2 - 1121/0401 for the Citroen C3

https://www.thatcham.org/security/pdfs/c ... CAT2-1.pdf

The other number (9471 N6) doesn't appear on the thatcham site, so its not Thatcham 1.

Thanks for the reply C3CAR. That's good news as that's the part number that I've just bought.

There are a couple of sites currenty listing the N6 part number which made me wonder if it was a replacement part, no suppliers list the H5. The one I've bought is new 'old stock'. If Thatcham tested the original part when it was launched then I guess it would be the one listed on the test certificate.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

Found the reason for the two part numbers, H5 is pre April 2005 or there abouts. Not 100% sure how to work out Citroen manufacture dates but it must be somewhere close.

Guru

https://www.citroen-ds-id.com/gen/Gen_Organr.html
The citroen date calculator based on the RP number may be useful to you.

It will be very interesting to find out how the install goes, even a picture of the alarm unit would be nice. ;)

Good Luck with the install!

Had a go at the install today and encountered two problems.

One of the harness parts is from a different kit. Its from the facelift C3 (CAN), and has a different plug on the leg that fits into the BSI.

This presents another potential problem in that I don't know if any of the other parts have been swapped in the box. The only parts that can be different are the alarm ECU and the siren, they may be the same in both kits, anyone know?

The second problem is that the socket for the alarm wiring on the BSI is already in use. I wonder if any wiring is pre-installed or if the plug has a different function. There is a loose plug at the drivers under the dash which looks like the plug that goes into the alarm ECU, it could be co-incidence or part of something already fitted?

Any information appreciated.

Guru

The is no information on the alarm wiring in the Haynes manual (here) manual due to 'security'. My other diagrams don't mention the alarm wiring either.

All I have is this:
Citroen C3 Alarm Wiring
Citroen C3 Alarm Wiring
Which doesn't seem to add much to the pot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the wiring pre-installed, which could explain the extra cable.

Hello again C3CAR

I found a similar diagram to the one above and very little else. I have been able to trace most of the wiring using diagrams. I think that the reason for the extra wire is that the harness under the dash seems to be fitted to several models, whereas the extra wires under the bonnet are more specific to the variation on factory fit accessories.

The connector sitting in the place for the alarm connection only has 4 wires out of the six possible fitted. The two not connected appear to be the supply to the siren and the supply to the alarm ECU. Looking at the diagrams I think these supplies are fed from elsewhere in the harness. As nothing in this connector appears to go anywhere I'm going to remove it see if any thing stops working or any faults show, I don't think anything will (fingers crossed).

I also think that the spare connector under the dash is for the alarm ECU, however, unless I can find where the alarm siren gets its feed from it won't solve my problem. There is also an issue that the factory fit alarm looks to have the led and ultrasonic cut-off switch already installed somewhere on the dash, I don't have these so would have to splice the ones from the alarm kit into the appropriate connections, if the wires are fitted.

I think I've located another alarm kit, so if that turns out to be complete I can have another attempt at the install. All that's left to do is check that the ECU and siren are the correct ones amd fit the last piece of the harness.

Guru

There is also an issue that the factory fit alarm looks to have the led and ultrasonic cut-off switch already installed somewhere on the dash
It took me a few seconds to remember what it was you were describing. The reason being is that I have never used that feature (the cut off for the ultrasonic detector). I think its only useful if you leave a pet in the car. I could be something that, if becomes too much of a head ache, just miss that bit out.
Citroen C3 Alarm ultrasonic detector on/off button
Citroen C3 Alarm ultrasonic detector on/off button
That's the button, located on the left of the radio, at the lowest position.

Not that I plan to fit the factory switch as I've already mounted the separate LED and switch, but just out of interest, is the LED on the switch in the photo the one that flashes when the alarm is on or just to indicate that the feature has been activated?

The new kit arrived today and the harness looks hopeful. Will have a go at finishing off the install this weekend, if the weather will let me!