Airbag light on plus faulty passenger window

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Alal wrote:Also, my friend and I were going to have a look at the relays for the window. Would you be able to point out which one we should be looking at.
The relays are the BSI. There no separate window relays to see :(

I also said
Did you update your lexia to fix the 'Not defined' fault codes? if so, which version are you using?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Guru

If you did this:
In order to try and figure out of this was a BSI unit issue yesterday my friend and I replaced my BSI unit with his old one. Once connected we tried the window and it was still not working and the airbag light was still coming on. I am now running out of options with this issue.
Did you configure the replacement BSI to match the settings for the features your car has?
If the donor BSI has different systems or configurations, it won't work correctly in the wrong car.

Thanks for the screen shots. I will see if I can turn them over.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Alal

Contributor
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.6
Mileage: 87000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: SensoDrive

When you click on the screenshots they come up the correct way. don't know why they are upside down!

Guru

Permanent Fault<br />Communication fault on the DATA wire with the engine relay unit
Permanent Fault
Communication fault on the DATA wire with the engine relay unit
Permanent Fault
Communication fault on the DATA wire with the engine relay unit
Would indicate a wiring issue or a faulty BSM unit (the engine bay fuse box). There is a network communication problem and the engine BSM can't talk to the BSI.

(edit) as I look through the faults, it could be seen as a communication fault caused my a misconfiguration, rather than a bad connection or ECU.

P1F4A error code Citroen C3
P1F4A error code Citroen C3
Error on the VAN interface, more network problems. If your BSI is not configured correctly to the other parts of the car, you will get these odd and unexplained network errors.

I am sure its been asked previously, have you configured the BSI to the other components of the car?

If this is not done, expect odd errors, and if you fail to answer the question, I won't be able to help you any further.

P106F error code Citroen C3
P106F error code Citroen C3
All things considered, I would not suggest a faulty ECU air bag ECU, but my first thoughts would be to check the BSI is configured correctly to your current air bag ECU.

I have had to updated BSI firmware on early cars to communicate with later model parts fitted, which is not really surprising. This is one of the main reasons that advice for parts swapping is to find a donor of the same year, to save the need to update and reconfigure the BSI.
My Name: Emil

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 120000
LHD or RHD: Steering wheel on the left
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

i have the same fault's Any help