Airbag light on plus faulty passenger window

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Alal wrote:Fault permanent fault Fault: ECU internal (VAN interface) Not defined - Fault code: P1F4A

Fault permanent fault passenger's airbag deactivation Not defined - Fault code: P106F

We also got an additional error - P1027 - ECU Config - Not Defined -
Is it possible to screen shot these codes from LEXIA after reading from all the ECUs that show errors? and attach them here?

You will only get 'Not Defined' codes if you are reading the wrong ECU or your Lexia is not up to date for the year the car was made.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

We also got an additional error - P1027 - ECU Config - Not Defined -
A citroen error code, use citroen stuff to read these codes. That particular code could indicate a problem with the electric mirror motor - worth looking at since you have an electric window problem. I would look at the motor and the wiring for the window :)
My Name: Alal

Contributor
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.6
Mileage: 87000
Gearbox: SensoDrive

This was done on a sun machine at the garage so I couldn't get a screenshot. I wrote down the errors and posted them here.

Contributor

My electric mirrors are working fine though and the voltage going through to the window regulator is also good.

Contributor

In order to try and figure out of this was a BSI unit issue yesterday my friend and I replaced my BSI unit with his old one. Once connected we tried the window and it was still not working and the airbag light was still coming on. I am now running out of options with this issue.

The next thing I am going to try and do is to purchase an ecu/bsi unit from eBay and code it to my car. Would this be the right thing to do? After that I am out of ideas.

Any thoughts anyone?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000

Alal wrote:The next thing I am going to try and do is to purchase an ecu/bsi unit from eBay and code it to my car. Would this be the right thing to do?
I would get a Lexia box and use that to get the codes and the correct definitions, no 'Not defined', 'undefined' or 'unknown' error descriptions, before spending money on BSI and ECUs. You care going to need lexia if you do replace the ECU and BSI so it makes sense to get that first and run all the diagnostics you can to verify where the faults are.

Contributor

Hi

My very first post included a reading with a Lexia which is below.

Permanent fault - Communication fault on the DATA wire with the engine relay unit

Fault permanent fault Fault: ECU internal (VAN interface) Not defined - Fault code: P1F4A

Fault permanent fault passenger's airbag deactivation Not defined - Fault code: P106F

So it seems that 1) Lexia is coming back with 'Not Defined' errors and 2) the errors aren't changing whichever machine is plugged in.

Before I make the leap and purchase the ECU my friend and I are going to check relay's, wiring, etc. Although from investigations so far I don't think it will be any of those but at least we will eliminate them being a problem first.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000

Alal wrote:This was done on a sun machine at the garage so I couldn't get a screenshot. I wrote down the errors and posted them here.
Alal wrote:My very first post included a reading with a Lexia which is below.

Permanent fault - Communication fault on the DATA wire with the engine relay unit

Fault permanent fault Fault: ECU internal (VAN interface) Not defined - Fault code: P1F4A

C3driver52 wrote:Is it possible to screen shot these codes from LEXIA after reading from all the ECUs that show errors? and attach them here?

You will only get 'Not Defined' codes if you are reading the wrong ECU or your Lexia is not up to date for the year the car was made.
Did you update your lexia to fix the 'Not defined' fault codes? if so, which version are you using?

Still no screen shots of the lexia screens to see if you are reading the correct ECUs for the faults.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Just remembered that I still have these screenshots. Here they are:
Attachments
IMG_4301.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG

Contributor

C3 Guru - I have supplied the screenshots as requested. Any ideas?

Also, my friend and I were going to have a look at the relays for the window. Would you be able to point out which one we should be looking at.

Thanks