Air recirculation resetting

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: blackie

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 45000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD

There's an issue with my wife's '05 C3 with the air recirculation function doesn't stay on & in memory after you switch the engine off, so basically every time you start the car you need to press the button to 'on'. :|

I've tried resetting the BSI, also tried holding the button down to maybe keep it on by default with no success (her model has the standard HVAC dials, no climate control). I don't know if this is just the way it is, as its been like this since new.

Any tips or advise? :?: thanks
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi blackie
blackie wrote:There's an issue with my wife's '05 C3 with the air recirculation function doesn't stay on & in memory after you switch the engine off, so basically every time you start the car you need to press the button to 'on'. :|
Its not a definitive answer as I don't have a standard air-con to play with, but from the manual:
Recycled interior air
This position prevents the entry of unpleasant odours into the vehicle. It is recommended that the control not be left in the recycling position for longer then necessary.

Which would probably explain why the recirc disengages itself after ignition off.

I know yours panel is different, but this one has a manual selection for recirc, nor sure which Citroen C3 model it came from though :( but both yours and this one appear in the manual.

My Name: blackie

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 45000
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD

Thanks, cant go wrong with a mechanical slider 8-) Here is a picture of my unit that has the push button.

What are other owners experiencing? Or haven’t noticed as do you leave it off?
Attachments
hvac.JPG